sagging Deaver springs

NEVRNF

Reaction score
My 6" springs have dropped almost 2" in less than 11 months. I am really dissapointed in this as now i am having clearance issues with my 37's I need some measurements from some of you with a 6" lift. What kind of space do you have betweenn the top of the spring and the frame on the front axle. also from the ground to the top of the wheel well would be great if you are running a 6" and 37's.

DcMoore

Reaction score
I'll give you some measurements after work but I am running 36s. I have superlift springs that I don't think have moved at all since I put them on about 4 years ago(I think).

Charles

Reaction score
I think it took my 6 leaf, 6" superlift springs about 6 years to lose an inch or so. I replaced them with a fresh set of the 11 or so leaf packs a couple years ago and they ride so much better, and haven't shown any sag yet.

DcMoore

Reaction score
Ok I have 9 7/16" from the top of the springs to the bottom of the front frame. My spring packs are 4" with 9 springs in them. And my awesome worn out 36" Irok Swampers measure out at 34 1/2" and from the ground to the bottom lip of the fender is 47". So measue out yoru tire and add a couple inches to my measurements and you should be good.... I think :doh:

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
Cool I'll have to check them out.. My truck is a ruff riding sob.

I also removed the bottom leaf from the rear packs, which were pro-comp packs. It leveled the truck out and made the ride way, way better.

DcMoore

Reaction score
How many leafs do your rear packs consist of? I want to say I only have 4 at the most on the rear... Superlift springs

Charles

Reaction score
How many leafs do your rear packs consist of? I want to say I only have 4 at the most on the rear... Superlift springs

I can't remember the number of leaves off hand. But the bottom spring was like 1" thick. Insane little mother. Took it out and it made all the difference to my truck. It rides decent. Still a little bouncy on rough interstate, but not like before, and nothing like my friend's with BDS springs.

Jason

Reaction score
My 6.5" ProComp with 35" ProComp extreme all terrains measured out at 47" at front lip and 45" in the rear. Go figure...anyways, that's what it measured out at at brand new, and 100k miles later. I put on new springs from ford, and had them re-arched immediately, due to a lean issue. The front leaf spring is a ProComp leveling kit, and it was part of the re-arch process. It now measures out at 43.5" with 305/60/18's on it.

Leaf springs are a pain in the ass from what I'm seeing, I should have bought a damn coil spring truck, woulda been easier to get level I think!

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Ok I have 9 7/16" from the top of the springs to the bottom of the front frame. My spring packs are 4" with 9 springs in them. And my awesome worn out 36" Irok Swampers measure out at 34 1/2" and from the ground to the bottom lip of the fender is 47". So measue out yoru tire and add a couple inches to my measurements and you should be good.... I think :doh:

Well i measured today. 8 1/4 top of spring to frame and 47 1/2 to wheel lip with 37's. I just swapped in my old 8" deavers and removed the bottom 3 leafs which was almost 1". It now measures 11 1/2 top of spring and 49 to the wheel well.
I sent a message to ICON and i am awaiting a reply to this.

chappy

Reaction score
I have 6in deavers on mine. Are you measuring from the top plate on the leaf spring to the bottom of the framee or the actual spring?

chappy

Reaction score
I've got 8 1/4 from top plate on springs to bottom of frame. Mine are unknown on age. I bought them used over two years ago so who knows.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Yes top of the plate to frame. Sounds like the 8" area is right on for a 6" deaver spring. :(

chappy

Reaction score
Well I know I bought 4in procomps brand new for my truck and it jumped it up 5inchs. They sagged after a couple months when I took it to the sand dunes. they dropped down tothere advertised height of 4inches. Did you install them yourself? If you did did you leave all the bolts loose for them inclding the hanger untill the truck was on its own weight before tightening? I ask because if you had the truck suspended and tighterned the bolts up it will hold the truck higher till something finally makes them drop back down to where they are supposed to be like a large bump or offroading. That could be a reason for them seeming like they sagged or they may have just sagged. But it seems like they are close to there height they are suppose to be at.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
truck was on the ground when tightened. What i find funny is they sag 2 inches. I have their 8" springs and they never moved from the day they were installed. This is the 3rd set of 6" that i personally know of that did this. I guess they over arch the 6" then they settle into the correct height.