Any idea?

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
My pops just bought a 2013 f350 CCLB SRW with the 3.31 gears he pulls a 15k gooseneck trailer twice a week with it. The truck shudders and vibrates really bad on take off. Does anyone have an idea why it does that and how to fix it?

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I have only heard of trucks doing this if the axle and driveshaft are not aligned right but that's usually after a lift and they didn't have the correct pitch on the rear axle. My 2000 dodge 2500 did this really bad after an idiot installed the lift and didn't have the pitch right on the axle.

If its stock suspension I'm stumped.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

weapons120

Reaction score
My 2012 F350 does this as well...I was severely with trees on my gooseneck and it shuddered and vibrated badly every time I would start from a complete stop. After hauling the load for 70miles I parked the trailer and told them to come get it off after I weighed in at almost 38k...

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
I have only heard of trucks doing this if the axle and driveshaft are not aligned right but that's usually after a lift and they didn't have the correct pitch on the rear axle. My 2000 dodge 2500 did this really bad after an idiot installed the lift and didn't have the pitch right on the axle.

If its stock suspension I'm stumped.

What about this, the truck drives fine with no trailer but with the trailer it shudders...could the weight of the trailer make the driveshaft and axle not align because of the truck squating?

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
What about this, the truck drives fine with no trailer but with the trailer it shudders...could the weight of the trailer make the driveshaft and axle not align because of the truck squating?

Generally I would think that even when the load is added the suspension and everything else compresses and moves accordingly, keeping its factory alignment.

Horseshoezach

Reaction score
Mine does this to took it to the dealer and had them ride with me and the service manager said ignore it and drive it

MINK

Reaction score
axle wrap, needs traction bars - I wont own any year superduty without a set from now on, stock or moddified.

Horseshoezach

Reaction score
axle wrap, needs traction bars - I wont own any year superduty without a set from now on, stock or moddified.

Axle wrap ?? Are you saying the axle is wrapping and causing the drive shaft to be miss aligned and making the truck shudder ??

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I'm positive it's traction bars. I had the same issue with my CCLB single rear wheel. Actually on all of my CCLB single rear wheel trucks. And traction bars has solved that problem every time

WHY NOT

Reaction score
My truck used to shutter badly on shifts when loaded till I put my traction bars on. These new trucks with only 3 leaf springs just don't have enough back there to keep the axle even remotely in place with how much torque the have stock, the do ride nice unloaded though

Alfie

Reaction score
How is the 5th wheel hooked up on the truck? We had this issue with a 5th wheel and how its mounted to the frame. Try re torquing the bolts after u loosen the bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horseshoezach

Reaction score
Dealer replaced my drive shaft because they said the stock 1 was to long and now the vibration is gone

buckcommander

Reaction score
The dealerships with the smart engineers and techs will fix this the right way by installing heavier duty drive shaft and carrier bearing. This happened once I went with
37" tires and I got the bigger better driveshaft and carrier bearing, problem solved!

Latest posts

Members online