Ford 7.3L/6.0L Electric Fuel Pump Selection FAQ

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Since I take a LOT of calls on fuel pumps, and spend a LOT of time helping people understand the differences, pros, cons, etc...it was time to put it all on paper. Despite what you might see in magazine advertising and on the internetz, "cookie cutter" applictaion of the current "fad pump of the month" has really only done a good job of lightening wallets...and occasionally leaving customers stranded on the side of the road. Hopefully this document will help anyone that is in the market for a new or upgraded fuel pump to figure out what will work best for THEIR application...and whether an aftermarket pump is even a good idea for them at all.

http://www.strictlydiesel.com/Product_Docs/Driven/Driven-73FS-FuelPumpSelection.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Zmann

Reaction score
I am fine with a stocker
but was curious Why the Air Dog wasn't mentioned

is it due to the Failure rate ?
or the simple Fact it wasn't really a shoot out ?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
The ADII was not specifically mentioned because I refuse to sell them. If you have one, what I said about the pump needing to be running at 70-75psi still stands (if you can get it to make that much pressure and not die and leave you stranded on the side of the road).

Members online

No members online now.