Need Help In Pagosa Springs CO ASAP

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Guys a good friend of mine is in Pagosa Springs CO on vacation.

he has a 2006 6.0 that has a crank no start issue and i need someone to go help him or if someone here can point him the right direction on where to find a diesel mechanic.

can anyone help??

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
ive talked to JD lastnight and we found out that elite is 5 hours away. only option is to tow it there.

we are hoping someone close can come take a look and help him out where its at

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
is it trying to hit at all? no cold start or no hot start?

usually when a FICM or high pressure issue first rears its head, as long as he can get it to start, the truck will get him where he needs to go, just can't shut it off!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
no starting at all

but its a cold start issue, truck sat all night, went out to try to start the truck the next morning and nothing at all.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I don't really approve of this but turn the key on, leave it set a couple minutes, give it a snort of ether n if it starts head to elite and don't shut it off till they get it pulled in

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
being towed to a local shop in pagosa as we speak, think we have nailed it down to either a FICM or a ICP issue. Im leaning towards ICP over the FICM

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I don't really approve of this but turn the key on, leave it set a couple minutes, give it a snort of ether n if it starts head to elite and don't shut it off till they get it pulled in

Although this could work, I wouldn't recommend it unless they're familiar with how to do it. Nothing worse than an engine running away, or worse, having the ether preignite from the glow plugs.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Although this could work, I wouldn't recommend it unless they're familiar with how to do it. Nothing worse than an engine running away, or worse, having the ether preignite from the glow plugs.

that's why you leave it set key on a few minutes to eliminate the glow plugs, I agree I don't approve of it but it does work as a last resort, doesn't take much to pop off a 6.0 just a snort

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Off to a local shop in pagosa

Hope they can get him on the road so he can get his family home to Texas

3yny4evu.jpg

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Well to give you all an update. The truck made it back to Texas.

The issue and cause of all this

4 bad glow plugs. The truck wasn't equipped with a block heater until now. So once the truck was warmed up in a heated shop it fired right up and ran like normal. So it got a block heater installed and was plugged in the rest of the time it was in Colorado. I got the call this morning that they made it home safely last night and the truck did fine.

New glow plugs are going in this weekend

Thanks again to all

Latest posts

Members online