Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ok so as some of you know im going to be changine things up soon as far as air goes, just thought i would post pictures of the big turbo for now, should have the vgt soon... waiting on my check at elite. Plan is to remote mount the S510 on the passenger side, going to start on that hopefully this weekend so i can get the big space takers out of the way, air filter, down pipe, oil drains ect. Then replace the elite pump in the valley with a stock pump and install a new bracket for the cp3 as well as put the nitrous back on my truck (only for dynos)

here is the high pressure :D

Billet even

2011-07-30_18-20-38_680.jpg

***er is big, sure hope i can spool it... here is the low pressure

2011-07-06_20-52-13_313.jpg

2011-07-06_20-52-41_646.jpg

2011-07-06_20-53-28_383.jpg

2011-07-06_20-54-03_876.jpg

2011-07-06_20-54-10_738.jpg

2011-07-06_20-59-48_855.jpg

next to a gt42

2011-04-29_16-36-15_153.jpg

exhaust side compared to a gt42
2011-04-29_16-44-09_521.jpg

Last edited:

jngreen

Reaction score
Good luck!

I am looking forward to your results. Hopefully it will have similar results as the canadian redneck twins and how they perform on the 6.0.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Good luck!

I am looking forward to your results. Hopefully it will have similar results as the canadian redneck twins and how they perform on the 6.0.

kinda basing my truck off whats been working for shawn honestly...

Im also thinking about doing something with the intake while i'm here as well as some other little stuff, to clean up the engine bay and make it look nice

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Veddy veddy nice!!!

Can't wait to see it roll out again bro...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Veddy veddy nice!!!

Can't wait to see it roll out again bro...

im ready too, i just hope i can spool this big thing, but i think the vgt should make it decent to drive so im not too worried about it, i am however worried about space to put this massive thing, and piping, i have my work cut out for me thats for sure, luckely the battery is relocated already, and alot of the passenger side is gutted to a good degree.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
it will drive with the vgt, guaranteed. how well, thats up for discussion. im excited for you, get it done.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
it will drive with the vgt, guaranteed. how well, thats up for discussion. im excited for you, get it done.

im not expecting it to spool much better than how it does now, if it spools like it does no, but makes decent power, ill be happy, Hopefully start on it this weekend, no goals of when i want it done, just want it done right the first time

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Will he ever lean? :doh: Haha couldn't help myself. It is going to be interesting to see how streetable it is. Hope it performs as you wish and no more of those earlier nightmares.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Will he ever lean? :doh: Haha couldn't help myself. It is going to be interesting to see how streetable it is. Hope it performs as you wish and no more of those earlier nightmares.

Judging off of how fast mal burnsides truck spools at this altitude with a 66mm i dont think its really going to be that big of an issue, can i tow anything with it... doubtful but i will try to find out for sure LOL

Holy christ man... That thing is nasty! Any idea what the cfm it flows is? Thats awesome! No spray for the track?! lol

No idea what it flows, alot of air is my guess lol

No i dont think the trans or anything else for that matter will like nitrous at the track.

Matt

Reaction score
Have any ideas yet on where you are going to run the oil drain to, and where you will get the oil feed from?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Looks like it's off a cat engine.

It is, water cooled journal bearing turbo, may or may not run the water cooling part, since i really wont be driving it or running it that hard

Have any ideas yet on where you are going to run the oil drain to, and where you will get the oil feed from?

Not sure on that, going to work on getting the turbo mounted first, looks like there is plenty of room on the front of the oil pan, but i would like to find an oil gally plug in the side of the block first, just cant see much right now with everything in.

Oil feed is going to come from the factory oil supply for the stock turbos, according to the information i got, this turbo should really require any more oil than stock turbos, and from what i can find the factory supply is plenty big so thats the plan for now, probably going to put a pressure gauge on it though to make sure

I like it. :D

Thanks jason

damn that thing is big, btw did that thing just wash up on shore lol j/k, clean that thing man

Yeah yeah, its used LOL but barely, the compressor housing is cast iron, so im going to weld a vband outlet to it, then clean the cover and probably paint it silver or black after everything is done, then if everything seams to work ok then i will probably get a race cover for it or just a standard aluminum cover.