Hpop install questions...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm going to be installing a adrenaline hpop in the next few weeks...

What all do I need to install it? Special tools? O-rings? Gaskets?

Any tips?

Thanks, Nick

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Its not terrible to install, basic tools and crows foot set helps, that and some rtv for the front cover plate and you're good to go. I would get a set of fuel bowl orings because more then likely they will be done for when you take the lines off. Make sure your mating surfaces are very clean also, other then that its pretty strait forward to pull the old one and install the new one. You won't need a reburn, I've run my srp1 with stock tuning and it was just fine, only thing is, you'll actually be getting the pressure commanded from the tuning where as right now I bet you're on the low side.

2stangs8689

Reaction score
I just went thru this, and every o-ring for the stock fuel lines was destroyed on dis-assembly. I would get all the orings for the fuel lines into the bowl, at the very least. Like someone else posted, you"ll need RTV that's compatible with diesel's for the front pump cover.

Did the Adrenaline come with a new gasket?

Might want to have a new fuel filter handy as well.

Last edited:

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Yep what he said, go to dieselorings.com and get the new rubber orings for the fuel bowl lines, that and some permatex ultra black for the front cover is all you should need. Most new pumps should come with a new gasket, I don't see why the adr would be any different, but we only use srp1s on our builds so I have no first hand knowledge there.

I ran into a couple snags today, got the donor motor ready to go, just gotta put the pump in come tomorrow, I'll snap a few pics for you guys then.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I don't, we just use two flat head screw drivers and make it work the same way. I didn't see a need to spend $30 for something I could easily make or could just do it the same way we always have.

2stangs8689

Reaction score
Yea, I was shocked to say the least at how the lines came off, and went back on. I'm new to this diesel stuff, I had a friend come over and give me a hand with it. The tool was pathetic, easily made if he needed.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Yup, I hear ya. Just saw your thread, looks like we've got very similar builds going, mine will be a little higher hp then yours, not by too much. Going with 250/100s and I haven't decided which turbo yet.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Might as well do the IPR o-rings while you have it out as you will be switching your IPR to the new pump, unless you got lucky and it came with one. In any event it's a lot easier to do now with it off the truck.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Alright I figure since im doing it might as well do it right. Im in the process of taking lots of pics/notes so y'all will have an actual full write up for an hpop swap. Should get er done by supper time.

Latest posts

Members online