Hella Dilema

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys thought or if you had an opinion on a Hella Light combo I was contemplating on mounting to an N-Fab light bar. I was about to pull the trigger on two Hella Euro beams for the inside and two Hella corner beams for the outside... I watched a few videos and now I'm second guessing that combo. Do you think using the Euro's for the outside and getting Pencil beams for the inside set would work better for country roads/off-roading at night?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I have basically the same setup. I went with the cheaper lights for now, but may upgrade later. I have 4 hella 500's. Originally I had 2 of the pencil beams and two of the fogs. All of my previous trucks have had 2 of the pencil beams only, so I thought I'd switch it up with the 4 light bar and try this. I wasn't impressed with the fogs at all. I ended up smacking a deer sometime back and broke one of the fogs, so I just went with 2 more of the pencil beams, so 4 total now. I like the way they work for back roads driving like this. I have factory fog lights waiting to go on too, but haven't really had any ambition to get them on there.

Plus I think the setup just looks bad ass. I like how the N-fab is kind of low key, keeps the light low so it doesn't block the grill and doesn't stick out all obnoxious like a bull bar.

IMG_2143.jpg

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
Oh wow that sits perfect. I think with the Rallye's I'm gonna have a little less space between the lights but should look fine. I decided on the corner beams over the fogs because looking at the flood patterns the corner beam are way wider and go out further. Do you find the pencil beams too narrow when you only had two?

Mdub707

Reaction score
I used to have the two pencil beams on my ranger, it was all I ever used so I guess I had nothing to compare it to, but I just pointed them way out and it got wide that far out so it wasn't too bad. I do remember having the fogs on this truck and thinking, these are doing nothing. Maybe just because they're a lower quality light, I don't know. Let me know how you like the rallyes. I figured 4 pencil beams will still cover a pretty wide area. I haven't actually even fired up all 4 pencil beams at once on this truck, I got the new lights and bumper on after I hit the deer and for some reason I've lost power to the lights since I last used them. I have them wired up to my factory upfitter switches, have to figure out what's going on there.

adamread

Reaction score
I've got Hella 4000s with DDMtuning.com Hid kits in them. My ARB bar has room for three lights. I've got two euro's on the outsides and will be adding a pencil beam to the middle. The euro's are awesome, but I definitely want the pencil for ripping back roads, its nice to be able to see a mile away.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I had DDM tuning HID's in my headlights. Those went in the trash, decided my life and my families life wasn't worth cool looking lights. Having your headlights go out on you at 65mph on a back road with no other lighting is no bueno.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Yea I'm not too happy with my KC lights, but also didnt have much knowledge on which lights were better.
How much did that light bar run ya!? I've been contemplating getting rid of my brush guard and doing a light bar instead, but my wife loves the brush guard. Lol

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
Yea I'm not too happy with my KC lights, but also didnt have much knowledge on which lights were better.
How much did that light bar run ya!? I've been contemplating getting rid of my brush guard and doing a light bar instead, but my wife loves the brush guard. Lol

The N-Fab light bar was $151 shipped from XDP. Holds 4 9in lights. I'm pretty happy with the Hella's. One night at around 4am on a 6 lane highway with a huge grass median I turned them all on and lit up the tree line on the other side of the road. The corner beams are plenty. I still have to fine tune the adjustments on the Euro beams but I can't really tell where they end and they light up the whole garage so it's kind of a guessing game.

89 Stroker

Reaction score

what watt and style kc's did you have?

Mdub707

Reaction score
To set my lights up I just went out on a back road with no light and parked in the middle of the road. Just went out and adjusted them to where I wanted the light.

Members online

No members online now.