suspension options | fox racing shox (coilover)

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Fox's coilover's? This next truck has a 6" fabtech kit I'm going to remove and build a suspension using Fox shox. Just want to gather some feedback on fox before I commit to that.

I've read good things about PMF and everyone seems happy with the quality. Whats the company that makes the coilovers for PMF? They look like radflo's but I'm not sure.

I actually have a few different options as far as lifts if Fox doesn't check out. I like the 6.5" prerunner PP kit. Something custom with Fox Racing shox, and possibly PMF. Wanna try out fox's stuff since I never have though. So feedbacks appreciated.

Jon

CDUBYA

Reaction score
ADS Precision Machining makes them for PMF, they use king coils i believe. Thats what is on my truck, they are really nice! I really like the ride and the quality of the shock. Check out http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/ you can see all their shock products.

My whole setup is PMF and it is awesome!

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Talked with Marty today at Truck Toyz. I'm going to run Icon's 7" kit with Icon coilovers, Icon coil over hoop, OUO adjustable link arms, OUO traction bars/blocks, Icon dual steering stabilizer, and some Icon Omega 2.5" bypass shocks out back. Should ride pretty Cadillac.

Last edited:

zabeard

Reaction score
Talked with Marty today at Truck Toyz. I'm going to run Icon's 7" kit with Icon coilovers, Icon coil over hoop, OUO adjustable link arms, OUO traction bars/blocks, Icon dual steering stabilizer, and some Icon Omega 2.5" bypass shocks out back. Should ride pretty Cadillac.

wow! that is going to be nice!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Dang man, that better be riding like a caddy! I'm not even gonna go build that kit on the truck toy website cause I don't even wanna know what that runs.

Have you called Trevor at PMF though or do you just want to go with icon. I know cdubya and myself are both extremely happy with our lifts, they're really built well and priced well also. But I do understand the wanting to go with a more established name.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Dang man, that better be riding like a caddy! I'm not even gonna go build that kit on the truck toy website cause I don't even wanna know what that runs.

Have you called Trevor at PMF though or do you just want to go with icon. I know cdubya and myself are both extremely happy with our lifts, they're really built well and priced well also. But I do understand the wanting to go with a more established name.

I'll call Trevor and talk with him about a similar setup to see what he says. I dont mind doing that at all. Reason I was looking at Icon was b/c I know there shock valving and springs are specific to SD trucks. Icon has a good name and are established like you said, but if Trevor puts out quality products I'll check him out too. Which it sounds like he does.

I plan on keeping this truck for a long time so I wanted to have a nice suspension that's going to last. I've had pure performance. I've had Carli suspension. Figured I'd try out Icon on this one. Know what I mean..

Jon

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Jon:
I would call and talk with Trevor. I know he works pretty much hand in hand with the shock provider and they valve them to the exact specs you need for the SD. If you rode in my silver one with a 12" lift you would honestly think you were in a caddy, its hard to believe but it is smooth!

Anyway, ya not trying to sway you one way or the other, i just know that he does some of the best lifts for pretty much great prices and is willing to help anyone out with anything. If you want to see pics or anything of the setup let me know and i can get you whatever. But im sure whatever you go with is going to be awesome and i would be interested to know how the icon stuff works out.

Latest posts

Members online