Best 12" shallow mount subs??

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
I've been measuring up my ext cab and looks like to keep seating available for most part and a lot of the foot space a shallow mount box is needed. Now, which one lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
The 13.5? It will take up too much in thw back. Problem is I'm 6'4 my seat is all the way back so I don't want a speaker taking up the rest of the seats.

jdgleason

Reaction score
No, it's a 13. But that's what most guys run in these trucks and the difference in size from a 12 to a 13 is......... carry the 1.......

...Not much.

BOSS450

Reaction score
I know you said 12 inches but I got 2 tens in the back of my crew cab. they are very crisp and clear and hit hard.
alpine type R shallow mounts

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Ok again, its not gonna fly. I found an under seat box that comes with two kicker c10 10" subs are they any good? If I can get a good 12" that hits harder than 2 10"s I'd rather have that setup. Anyone?

nickg3130

Reaction score
I made this box to fit 2 Jensen 12" subs that I had laying around.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363967556.702932.jpg

They hit decent. I'm still using my factory headunit with nav which I think is my weak point. Since I got the subs for almost nothing I plan on stepping up to a better brand when I get the time to see if I can get some more sound out of it. But for now, it works.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
It's actually a replacement box. Still acts as a console but its larger than normal. If I wanted to build within the factory console I woulda just stuck with a single 8.

I just didn't wanna fall short of the sound/volume I wanted

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
It's actually a replacement box. Still acts as a console but its larger than normal. If I wanted to build within the factory console I woulda just stuck with a single 8.

I just didn't wanna fall short of the sound/volume I wanted

You wanna build me a custom box? Ill pay ya. Not a console though. I really wanted something to just fit where my little seat in the back flips up. I mean I can buy one for $27 but its a 12". But that's a shallow mount. The other 12" sub boxes are like an inch too big.

200whp_Liter

Reaction score
I just put in 2 JL 10w3 in my truck with a JL HD amp. Hits way harder than that shallow mount junk. Tucked up real nice behind the seat. Everyone said it wouldn't work but the boxes I had from my duramax fit perfect.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I just made a box a couple of months ago and put a 12" P3S rockford fosgate in it with 1ft^3 of air space, it sounds pretty good, at least I think so. I still need to tune it a little more though

Agjake11

Reaction score
Have 2 stereo integrity bm mkiii's in my crew cab. They're super shallow and sound great but they are more about the quality of the sound vs hitting super hard and having high dbl

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Have 2 stereo integrity bm mkiii's in my crew cab. They're super shallow and sound great but they are more about the quality of the sound vs hitting super hard and having high dbl

Would like to have a set of these in my Plati, bet they sound great. You going to be at Ennis next month? Would love to hear them.