Cab Lights

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
I'm putting cab lights on my XL and was wondering if there was a stencil or some factory measurements on where they go? I could eyeball it but I would prefer to have some sort of guide.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I put cablights on myself as well. What i did was found the center of the truck and ran a string from the center of the emblem on the grill all the way to the center of the tailgate.

Get your center on there and electrical tape it down, then start spacing them out and get them where you want them. Are you using Recon's kit, or did you get the OEM Ford kit?

vcassens

Reaction score
The link did not work. I will be doing the same to my truck as soon as fund's are available lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Koda22

Reaction score
I keep thinking I want cab lights on my truck and then I think I don't....I kno there's no goin back once I put them on so I can't seem to make up my mind

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
Are you using Recon's kit, or did you get the OEM Ford kit?

I got the recon kit. Hear mixed things about it but we'll see how it goes. I got the clear lenses with the amber LED's. I figure that would look alright on a blue truck. Thats not a bad idea for finding center. I might just do that.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I got the recon kit. Hear mixed things about it but we'll see how it goes. I got the clear lenses with the amber LED's. I figure that would look alright on a blue truck. Thats not a bad idea for finding center. I might just do that.

It's the best way I found to do it. Took me probably 5 hours after measuring a dozen times lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I bought some cheap ass cab lights off ebay. Havent put em on yet cause im scared they are going to fog up and look like chit. Lets see some pics when you are done.

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
Just installed.
89361110151510748534641.jpg

Night shot.
89287810151511290704641.jpg

06Mud_Slut

Reaction score
Actually it me too... but if you copy the URL it'll bring you to the pic. Don't know why it didn't work like normal though. :shrug: