Damn door doesnt like to open

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
well obviously my drivers side door wont open from the inside. i have to open the window to open my door. iv replace the latch itself and put metal handles on cause i broke 4 plastic ones. well iv come down to thinking its my cable inside the door. anyone have this issue before? where can i get a new cable from? anyone ever convert to the old 80's style of useing the rods instead?

Thanks,
Jacob

Tom S

Reaction score
Here is the LMC Catalog parts break down for the door on a 92-96 F-250. It looks like they have the cable to fix your door issue.

Attachments

• LMC door diagram.pdf
    574.2 KB · Views: 58

96F350KID

Reaction score
Is the door where the handle bracket meets the door skin broken and you're just pulling metal up? I've seen that on 5 out of 10 trucks i work on thats the issue. Also lube the latch good. Once i fix the door skin issue 3 trucks about a month later the latch breaks and the door gets stuck closed! Not fun lol.

Tom S

Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of how the door inner panel cracks. I have seen photos just not sure where to go to dig them up.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
well my door skin broke once before so i fixed that. thought it was the latch mechanism so i replaced that. so im pretty sure its either the cable or where the handle bolts to. cause where the cable attaches to that bracket i can bend it back and it puts tension on the cable and it works for a little bit atleast.

thansk tom s for the lmc page

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
well i put the new cable on and it did nothing. come to find out its the hinge that the door handle bolts to which pulls the cable. i cant find just the hinge new at all. im trying to look in local junk yards. anyone got any place to find one or has a parts truck?

Neal 97 250

Reaction score
I had a similiar problem but I think it was my cable. I twisted the cable several times to shorten it up just a tad. It fixed my problem and haven't had an issue with the fix in 4-5 years.

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

ActionRick

Reaction score
I'd bet the part in the latch that the cable hooks to is bent . I have never had to replace a cable unless it was broken . The door cracks where the handle bolts up most of the time . New pins & bushings will keep it from happening again . that is where the trouble always starts ,something ends up broken or bent ..

Tom S

Reaction score
I had a similiar problem but I think it was my cable. I twisted the cable several times to shorten it up just a tad. It fixed my problem and haven't had an issue with the fix in 4-5 years.

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

That is a clever fix Neal. I am glad to see you posting here.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
All my problem was that damn hinge that pulls the cable was super worn out right where it pivots. The pin was cock-eyed and pretty much about to fall out

Latest posts

Members online