7.3 toast?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
well a buddy of mine has a 97 7.3 350k miles on it he said his #5#7 injectors failed the buzz test and kept drivin anway. he said "all of a sudden it started missing worse and pouring out white smoke" it smells like oil a diesel both. he pulled injectors Orings look good. he closed the valves and sprayed air into cylinders. he said #7 will hold the air till he removes nozzle then it all comes back out.. #5 never blows back out.. his oil was also about 3 qts more than full not watery but didnt smell like oil should, didnt really smell like diesel tho. the only thing i can think of is if somehow he blew a whole through the piston and thats where hes burnin fuel and oil or leaking fuel into crankcase. also blew his dipstick out of the tube

Tom S

Reaction score
I would say time to tear that motor down of find a used one to put in.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
he dont have the stuff to do it. im suprised he got the injectors out to be honest.. he is the kinda guy that would take his lawnmower to a shop to get the spark plugged changed

Big Bore

Reaction score
he dont have the stuff to do it. im suprised he got the injectors out to be honest.. he is the kinda guy that would take his lawnmower to a shop to get the spark plugged changed

LOL

I feel for the guy, it sounds like it's done. He might as well start shoppin for a runner. Theres a few down here on Craigslist.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
he is 20 with a job working on a ranch for minimum wage he is asked me if it was ok to drive it 400 plus miles to nebraska... i told him i sure as hell wouldnt. i ofered him 500 $ for it LOL

Big Bore

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. He needs a cheaper truck to drive if he's making minimum wage. It's almost a blessing it's dead, instead of eating him alive in repairs.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
what sucks is he said he took a loan out for it 6 months ago for 5k. i dunno bout you guys but i wouldnt pay that much for a f250 2wd duallie with a flatbed with 340k and a shot e40d

Big Bore

Reaction score
what sucks is he said he took a loan out for it 6 months ago for 5k. i dunno bout you guys but i wouldnt pay that much for a f250 2wd duallie with a flatbed with 340k and a shot e40d

What year? Doesnt matter, it's still way too much. Nothin like getting taken on a deal to teach you some lessons about buying a truck. So if he owes on it he has to fix it. Blah. Maybe the WY crew can help him out up there. First thing I'd do is get rid of that dually axle. Save on tires and mileage.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.