Retro Solutions issues

HVFC6040

Reaction score
I bought a set of 55w digital HID's about a year ago. Within 6 months the right side was copletely out. I have tried emailing them, with no responses. Has anyone else had any similar dealings with them? Ive read of a couple more dealings like this, on a different forum. At this point It's probably too late to do anything, just wondering how everyone else feels about Retro Solutions.

HVFC6040

Reaction score
And that's what I always heard, nothing but good things, which is why I went with them.

They are not on my 250, they were in my titan.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I have had good dealings as well. Todd has always answered all my questions, even when I was having problems with lights that werent purchased from them.

yeehaw

Reaction score
if anything, post up in their vender section here and they will point you in the right direction. I have bought many many products from them for my vehicles and customer vehicles, only had slight little issues that they handled quick and professionally.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I was told my LED reverse lights going bad was because of an incandescent bulb being tied on to the same circuit...

Of course a lower draw LED will have issues that a bulb never did... I'll just stick to **** that works, and I can pick up anywhere. Still have a set of wonderful strobing LED reverse lights...

Mdub707

Reaction score
Joe, I put the CREE reverse lights in mine to try and overcome my blacked out tail lights... they've been working awesome. LOVE THEM. HID's for headlights on the other hand... mine went in the trash and I will not be using anymore.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of HIDs :D

It's one thing if they don't turn on when you need them to, but when they shut off going down the highway at 65mph... it becomes a matter of safety. No bueno. A lifetime warranty doesn't help if you're dead.

**** This is not a knock against retro solutions, I've heard good things about them, but the lights I used were NOT from retro, just so we're clear ****

01PSD

Reaction score
It's one thing if they don't turn on when you need them to, but when they shut off going down the highway at 65mph... it becomes a matter of safety. No bueno. A lifetime warranty doesn't help if you're dead.

**** This is not a knock against retro solutions, I've heard good things about them, but the lights I used were NOT from retro, just so we're clear ****

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Zmann

Reaction score
Many folks I know are "Done with HID's

I refuse to try them for many reasons

but My Cree reverse bulbs are great so far

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
I've ran retro's for a while never had a problem, honestly after experiencing HID's I couldn't go back I don't think

HVFC6040

Reaction score
I've ran retro's for a while never had a problem, honestly after experiencing HID's I couldn't go back I don't think

Yeah, it was definitely tough. I bought my first set of hid's back on 03-04, they were $300!! BUT they still work to this day, so I would say that was $300 well spent.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
HIDs have been taking off our installation cards for many reasons. They seem to be more PIA then there worth. Although i do agree with mdub, the retro reverse led lights are pretty good.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ive had my retro solution hids for 5 years now and they still work flawlessly.

As for the "cant have them going out at 65mph bit" the odds on that happening are not anymore likely on a retro kit than your factory headlights both going out at the same time since if installed correctly they are on two completely seperate circuits. Each headlight draws its power from the battery itself with the factory harness activating each one individually. So you have to loose the feed itself to drop both out at once which would kill the factory headlights too.

The link in my sig shows how to correctly install them.

Latest posts

Members online