water meth for obs?

smokedout250

Reaction score
Okay so my dad has a 97 cclb he's looking at doing something for egts while towing but he doesn't wanna dump a whole lot of money in to his truck... so would water meth be a good solution to help with the egts? I need to get him on here to learn some stuff lol his mods are edge ez 3inch dp and striaght pipe along with an sb intake... he's pulling a 30ft 5th wheel thanks bryan

smokedout250

Reaction score
Ya I guess that's what he is think..... I said he needs an ic but he doesn't wanna put out the money for one at the moment.... so that's why I came to you guys lol is it safe? I know the ic is the best way to do it but he can't afford it.... sd icwould be great but he can't fab doesn't know how to weld and all that and no welder... lol so it would be a bolt on kit

smokedout250

Reaction score
He could prolly handle it if he was healthy.... he's had cancer for 6yrs and he's only 52.... so the majority. Of stuff he does is bolt on... im busy all the time being a farm mechanic so im not around to help alot.... I said for the money he could at least go with an ats ic... may not be the best but will be plenty for what he wants for power.... so any ideas on how safe it would be?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with water injection. ASLONG as you keep it just water.

you can use the windshield wiper fluid (inthe blue bottle) BUT I would not recomend it.

Just stick with water, and you will be fine.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
do people stay away from the meth injection?

For the most part yes.. BUT you can get you tuner to take meth injection into account when he tunes it. If I remember right meth injection is like advancing the timeing alot. About like propane.

But if all you will use is water then there is nothing wrong with it.

Smokedout250

My choice would be a IC, Yes the water might do a little better job BUT the IC is always there no matter what. no need to refill on the road.

But for what it is worth, you could Buy a Nice set of OBS Banks IC pipes (for about 360.00 shipped) Then pick up a 7.3L IC for 50 to 100 bucks. Then put a little bit of time into making a mount for the IC and mount it. That would be a lot cheaper then a water injection kit..

smokedout250

Reaction score
For the most part yes.. BUT you can get you tuner to take meth injection into account when he tunes it. If I remember right meth injection is like advancing the timeing alot. About like propane.

But if all you will use is water then there is nothing wrong with it.

Smokedout250

My choice would be a IC, Yes the water might do a little better job BUT the IC is always there no matter what. no need to refill on the road.

But for what it is worth, you could Buy a Nice set of OBS Banks IC pipes (for about 360.00 shipped) Then pick up a 7.3L IC for 50 to 100 bucks. Then put a little bit of time into making a mount for the IC and mount it. That would be a lot cheaper then a water injection kit..

Well he plans to do an ic moneys tight. Beings he can't work any more (forced retirement) so his psd is becoming a hobby lol he really doesn't have egt problems he just wants to be safe in case he needs type of thing... he's looking at going to arkansas from oregon so he's just trying to think about those long pulls on the way there

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Well he plans to do an ic moneys tight. Beings he can't work any more (forced retirement) so his psd is becoming a hobby lol he really doesn't have egt problems he just wants to be safe in case he needs type of thing... he's looking at going to arkansas from oregon so he's just trying to think about those long pulls on the way there

Sounds good man. the IC part not the forced retirment, That I will admit would drive me craze!! Its always good to do a little preventive stough for long hauls like that.

Let us know what IC Kit he goes with.

As for the trip ounce he get out of organ, Well the rockys in general it should be smooth going from then on.

Latest posts

Members online