2014 sd?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I read on the Diesel Stop that the '14s may have HID's and the '15 MY is supposed to be a whole new truck. I think the dealers get their information at the end of next month.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't think there will honestly be much change for 2014 other than little changes like hid headlights and a few more options.

Rumor has it that ford is looking to build an all aluminum f-150 soon. Stemming from the CEO history with Boeing. Claiming something like 15% better fuel economy because of the drop in weight.

Part of me can't help but wonder if this will cross over into the superduty eventually as well. We all know how much heavier THE superduty is compared to most other makes.

I would think ford would have to change something Soon due to the cab basically being the same since 99...

That being said I will always be a model year or two behind because I don't like being the first and right now it would be really hard to talk me out of my 2012

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I figure I'll get a '14 at the end of the year and by the time I'm ready for a new one the trucks will probably have wings! Seriously I never want to own the first year of anything. I will stick to what has been working for a few years.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
I don't think there will honestly be much change for 2014 other than little changes like hid headlights and a few more options.

Rumor has it that ford is looking to build an all aluminum f-150 soon. Stemming from the CEO history with Boeing. Claiming something like 15% better fuel economy because of the drop in weight.

Part of me can't help but wonder if this will cross over into the superduty eventually as well. We all know how much heavier THE superduty is compared to most other makes.

I would think ford would have to change something Soon due to the cab basically being the same since 99...

That being said I will always be a model year or two behind because I don't like being the first and right now it would be really hard to talk me out of my 2012

BINGO!

pa-powerstroke

Reaction score
I figure I'll get a '14 at the end of the year and by the time I'm ready for a new one the trucks will probably have wings! Seriously I never want to own the first year of anything. I will stick to what has been working for a few years.

I agree with you up to a point, better to wait for them to get the quirks worked out of it. I have a very early 03 and have had very few issues with it, nothing major. Hoping to have it for another 5 years, I can only imagine what the 2018s will look like haha.

But if the do end up switching to an aluminum frame wouldn't that make it a lot more rigid? Less body roll and better power to the ground? A lot like what happened when the stopped making steel frames on dirtbikes and switched over to aluminum. A lot less body flex.

duddy

Reaction score
I agree with you up to a point, better to wait for them to get the quirks worked out of it. I have a very early 03 and have had very few issues with it, nothing major. Hoping to have it for another 5 years, I can only imagine what the 2018s will look like haha.

But if the do end up switching to an aluminum frame wouldn't that make it a lot more rigid? Less body roll and better power to the ground? A lot like what happened when the stopped making steel frames on dirtbikes and switched over to aluminum. A lot less body flex.

nah, the frames would flex more however aluminum can take more of the flexing and not break, but i honestly cant see a truck going to aluminum frames tho. I could be dead wrong but from what i have done at work i dont see it. There are some variations that may hold up but may not be cost effective if they would work out.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but IMHO the Dodge seats are more comfortable than the Ford interior. Ram had a Laramie Mega there compared to a Platinum F350.

fordman2121

Reaction score
Well ford went from what 1980-97 before they changed the same basic truck last time. So that's 18 model years so we have a few years left. Though I do like the atlas concept truck!

phale

Reaction score
There have been a few class 8 trucks with aluminum frames over the years. They don't take well to heavy bodies though (wreckers, dump trucks, etc.).

suprhlr

Reaction score
nah, the frames would flex more however aluminum can take more of the flexing and not break, but i honestly cant see a truck going to aluminum frames tho. I could be dead wrong but from what i have done at work i dont see it. There are some variations that may hold up but may not be cost effective if they would work out.

Ford is changing there f-150, not sure if its the 14' or 15' model year. I am building the tooling at work for the front frame rail sections and it is not aluminum. I'm not sure how much of the truck is changing but they are getting a whole new frame:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online