Whats wrong? My WATF not really that clean?

BnjmnAlan

Reaction score
I took a sample of my last 3 batches of WATF/RUG blend as I pumped it into my truck's fuel tank. The sample is a full Mason jar which I date and put up on the shelf. I checked the samples today. They range from 2.5 - 4 weeks old. I poured out the samples and in the bottom of all the jars is a film of sludge covering the bottom of the jar!! This is the same fuel I have been putting in the truck:shocked:

My process:
Pickup fuel from midway down a 300-400 gallon collection tank at my source.
Pump from source into two 55 gallon drums containing 6gal RUG each.
Drive home, pump out of drums into other drums sitting next to upflow processor.
When I need fuel:
Pump 30 gallons from drums into upflow processor funnel.
Let drizzle through processor over 1.5-2 days through 10 micron string filter into circulation drum.
Suck from bottom of circ. drum through (2) 5 micron string wound filters and back into top of drum for 3-4 hours.
Suck from bottom of circ. drum through same (2) 5 mic. string filters then push through 2 mic. nominal spin-on Wix Filter into Fuel tank.

My WATF settles at the source. Gets blended w/RUG when I pick-up. Settles in my drums at home. Settles in the upflow procesor. Circulates through 5 mic filters. And finally, passes through 2mic spin-on filter into truck. Is this not enough to clean it? What should I do different? I have been thinking about downsizing the micron rating on all my filters, 10 mic to 5 mic, 5 mic to 1 mic as I have not yet plugged a filter.

Have any of you set your final WMO blend on the shelf for a few weeks to see what else will settle out of it?

glamis

Reaction score
you cant see anything see anything settel out of wmo
not in the bottom of a jar anyhow
it's just all black

BnjmnAlan

Reaction score
you cant see anything see anything settel out of wmo
not in the bottom of a jar anyhow
it's just all black
WATF is similar, not nearly as black but not transparent by any means. I poured out the jar slowly and the sludge I am talking about is left at the bottom, much too thick to just pour out quickly.

Are all those string wound filters just home water filters?

The 10 mic and (2) 5 mic filters I get from McMasterCarr. They say they are "Excellent" for use with "Water, Organic Solvents, Petroleum Oils, Alkalies and Organic Acids". Go to the link and scroll to the top of the screen to see the uses for the Polypropylene(string)/Polypropylene(core) filters.
My final filter is not a string wound filter of course.

Latest posts

Members online