Leaking oil

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
Well my truck did very well going up hill and coming back down.
But we were at our campsite I noticed little oil spots over the asphalt. It just started doing it like the second day we were up there. What do you guys think?

bad moose

Reaction score
Cam Sensor, Crank Sensor, Icp sensor, Bed plate, Turbo drain tube, we can go on and on. I would check the top under turbo. Crawl under and see if it is leak down the bell housing. Check up front, from underneath and see if there is any oil residue. When my cam and craank sensor leaked it went down the block onto the upper pan and was pushed back to the rear and dripped from there. The can and crank sensor leaking are kind of a pain to isolate. Good luck.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Really the only thing you can do is find it. Cant really point a finger at anything.

60POWERSTROKE73

Reaction score
Ok guys today I parked it on our driveway and there wasnt any oil spots:confused:
I crawled under there and i noticed that the oil pan plug had oil on it. Isnt there a washer on the plug?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i aint got one but i had a leak there once. never did anything about it. next oil change it went away

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
copper washer needs ot be replaced every few oil changes, if not every single one... and yes there needs to be one

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
A Fumoto valve will fix the washer issue once and for all. As an added bonus you never have to get oil all over your hands and tools to drain it.