How many B code rear spring guys do we have?

Tom S

Reaction score
I have them on mine and thought it was worth it. Hoping to really enjoy a nice ride with the Dana 60 and the V codes up front.

Tom S

Reaction score
What's the difference? Im looking at doing somee new springs in the rear if I could ever find a d60 worth getting...

The have a better ride because they are a different design. More progressive is how I think of it. They are not bad at all to install.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Some FYI: B's vs F's

Both are variable rate springs. The B's are 320/670 and the F's are 334/776. These numbers are the deflection rate in lbs/inch. The F's have a considerably higher secondary rate, therefore the F spring will not compress as far as the B under the same load. This doesn't necessarily mean that the spring has a higher total capacity. The F has a rating at the pad of 2695 lbs per spring. The B is rated at 2998 lbs per spring. However, the B will sag more.

You make the decision

Billy T.
[email protected]

Tom S

Reaction score
I definately think the B codes ride better then my stock F250 springs did.

Tom S

Reaction score
Dealer is one choice but used off a SD is another. Finding a set taken off to do a lift at low miles would be nice. I can post up more details on doing this if anyone decided they want to do it.

Tom

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
I did this mod years ago..along with the RS SD swap..maybe 11 years now..you need to redrill the front hanger and the rear shackle to SD bolt size..or redrill them and the spring eyes to std grade 8 bolts. i would also get new shackles from Jeffs Bronco graveyard easyer than installing new bushings..notch the inside of the shackle to clear the SD spring leaf..aprox 3/8" or cut some off the spring. I'd also use new U bolts..play it safe.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I plan on putting some on my dually. You never hear of anyone putting them on a 2wd so I just may. It rides better than a 4x4 anyway but would be nice to have a bit smoother ride.

I gotta head to the salvage yard this afternoon. Is there any coding or anything I need to look for? Anyway to tell if the door/sticker has been removed?

Strokersace

Reaction score
Guess I'm not sure who Kip is... I was just meaning that most on the forums are putting them in 4x4's.

Any idea on what to look for code wise if the door sticker is missing to find a set in the salvage yard?

Tom S

Reaction score
I do not know what to tell you on how to figure out a B code with out the door code. The only one I can think of that might know would be Cary T he is really good with that stuff.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Yeah, I was hoping he'd jump back on here this afternoon. I'm not gonna buy any today, but figured I'd do some looking to see if the salvage yard even had some.

Tom, did you put any different shocks on the rear when you switched to the b codes?

Tom S

Reaction score
Nope, same yellow Bilstein shocks. I am going to the other series ones from Cary when I add in the F-350 block and do the front.

AZStang

Reaction score
Some FYI: B's vs F's

Both are variable rate springs. The B's are 320/670 and the F's are 334/776. These numbers are the deflection rate in lbs/inch. The F's have a considerably higher secondary rate, therefore the F spring will not compress as far as the B under the same load. This doesn't necessarily mean that the spring has a higher total capacity. The F has a rating at the pad of 2695 lbs per spring. The B is rated at 2998 lbs per spring. However, the B will sag more.

You make the decision

Billy T.
[email protected]

I have F's waiting to go on mine. I've been saying that for well over a year now though. :doh:

Shawn

Latest posts

Members online