AirDog2 install w/ pics

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Well i finally got around to installing my airdog this weekend. all i can say is the instructions are junk so throw them in the trash. so on with the install and pics...

ad10.jpg

i had to drop the fuel tank to get the stock hardline out from the frame. i could of left it in there. but i guess after going this route im not planning on returning back to stock unless maybe i sell the truck. if you must leave the line on the truck make sure you plug the ends with somthing so you dont get junk in there.

ad11.jpg

heres what the line looks like removed.

ad03.jpg

i mounted mine as close as i could to the fuel tank. to do this you need 45 deg an fittings. they are -8 x 3/8 pipe. and no local parts stores carry it. i luckily found a place in my area that only deals with an fitting. after waisting half the day chasing parts.

ad09.jpg

heres the 2 an fittings and you will also need shorter bolts. if you use the suppied bolts with the spacer it will stick out too far and the hose will kink.

ad08.jpg

heres a better shot of the pump mounted with out the spacer and shorter bolts. i also had to remove a bracket on the frame holding the hardlines. as to it having a stud with a nut on the other side of the frame and the bracket woundt sit flush.

ad02.jpg

you will need to remove the stock lift pump and heres the y hose thats supplied with the kit that goes in its place and is the return line. and also the supply line going to the hpfp

ad01.jpg

now that everything is mounted and sitting all pretty on to the wiring nightmare.

ad07.jpg

heres the wire harness stripped. i removed the extra wires for the sensor and the light indicator you can buy seperate. but im not planning on using it. so all the excess in going bye bye.

ad05.jpg

i mounted the relay and fuse behind the driver side headlight so its not noticable and looks cleaner.

ad04.jpg

hooked up the pos and neg on the driverside batt.

ad06.jpg

i checked for power with the key to run position and came up with this bare fuse slot. the lid wont close comletely but its snug enough to where water wont be a problem.

all in all it wasnt that difficult of a install. it just would of been nice if the kit incuded the 45 deg fittings and shorter bolts. whats an extra $15 when you are paying $500 for a so called "kit". hope this helps sombody planning on installing an airdog on a 6.4 as to the instructions are crap. :pointlaugh:

David S.

Reaction score
clean install bud, mine got done this past weekend too. what system did you get?

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
thanks to all that commented, the truck only has 16k miles and i have only taken it in dirt 1 time. :pimp:

I didn't even use the fuse or wire it when we did mikes

i was debating on just cutting the molex plug off and hard wiring it. but i might find a molex plug that will fit and use the douich (spell check) connector.

clean install bud, mine got done this past weekend too. what system did you get?

its the df-165 if i remember right. it was the older kit i guess. the newer one has quick connects to the pump. but im now glad i got the one with the an fittings. i want those wheels on your avitar. those are next on my list of mods.

Latest posts

Members online