Video of my 97 towing up a Mountain

mattman347

Reaction score
Monteagle mountain to be exact. Nothing real exciting, just want to show poeple who have asked if it is possible to tow with my set up that it indeed is! Next time Ill put the water on and load it with a couple rigs! :toast: Duramax guy was not impressed. :toast:

http://youtu.be/p-UMCj2wEAw

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I love what you east coast people call "mountians"... Those are called speed bumps around here.

mattman347

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I have been out to colorado with a few good passes, there is a big diff from here to there for sure. I was just showing that a 7.3L that can run 7.63 on fuel in the 1/8th can still tow grades without much trouble. This set up has been working great for me all around so far.

cheysays7.3!

Reaction score
It is so weird to see something from my neck of the woods on here!

That's coming over 126 from Salem to Sisters, eh?

TyCorr

Reaction score
That truck that quiet or did the camera not pick up the noise? My truck would have rattled the fillings out.of your molars. (my 7.3)

Im really not surprised that the dmax was suckin. I got passed the other day(in my 12 dmax) on some hills by a tuned.6.7 and it walked right by me. My truck.was.grabbin gears and Werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr up the hill.

mattman347

Reaction score
Lol! It's really not that bad for in cab sound for an OBS. But I will say, my super duty is quieter with the 238/100's in it but it still has the factory exhaust! :)

Reaction score
that is awesome..just about the same set up as I have.. what gears are you running?? up here its ether up hill 5 to 10% or down hill.. there is no flat land time for the motor too cool..you come off one mountian top and start right back into a climb for the next mountian..these trucks work hard all day long around here...

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
That thing is towing much better than the last time I witnessed it towing trailer on the interstate. That's been a good long time ago. LOL

mattman347

Reaction score
Yeah, I can remember tapping on the pyro gauge towing Nathan's OBS from Ohio to TS with stage 1's and no intercooler with some crap tunes! EGT's stayed at around 1300 for the entire trip going to 1600 on some hills. That was like 6-7 years ago!!

mandkole

Reaction score
that was a nice pull-- im also surprised I didnt hear it more. There's more than a few grades in the area that are respectable.

Latest posts

Members online