Head Unit Issues

HokieStrokin

Reaction score
So I recently had a Clarion VX401 double din unit put in my truck. It constantly switches from any input I have plugged in to digital tuner and then to the FM tuner. When it switches to Digital tuner nothing will play. Also, the screen freezes up about once or twice a day and I have to restart it. Now I had originally paid for a Kenwood Unit to be put in but long story short the installer didn't have one in stock and installed the Clarion without my permission. He didn't have the truck finished til about eight at night and I had to leave for a trip the next morning. Now my question is should I try and have him replace it with the Kenwood Unit I originally wanted or is this an easy fix on the Clarion.

Koda22

Reaction score
I would try something, replace the unit or maybe some kind of refund...but being its a little later it's gonna depend on the installer, some wont give you very before sending you to the manufacturer...it wouldn't hurt to try...see wat they are willing to do

HokieStrokin

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping for. The problem with going to Clarion is you can no longer talk to anyone there unless you are a dealer. All customers who have them are redirected to a contracted repair center and they seem to have no interest in helping.

MA-n-GA

Reaction score
I would make the point that isn't the headunit you wanted 1st and now it has problems. I would request to them to install the Kenwood you originally wanted.
Did they install it without asking you?? Since they didnt have ht e Kenwood.