need help with doing a d60 swap

smokedout250

Reaction score
Okay so I finally found a d60... im looking at swaping it into my 97 250... its just an axel... so what are the parts im gonna need? ... im not doing an rsk being I already have 4inch lift springs... I know that swapping the d60 makes the front taller so I've taken care of the rear with an add a leaf I have all new stainless brake lines for the extra hieght... I know im gonna need a trac bar and mount new u bolts... anything else? I know you guys can help so thanks for any advice

FORD7.3

Reaction score
I think you have just about everything, track bar and drag link ujoints, u bolts brake lines and you should be just fine.. I haven't done this swap but I would like to one day so takes lots of pics!!

Tom S

Reaction score
Perhaps a drop track bar bracket and a drop pitman arm???

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Okay so I finally found a d60... im looking at swaping it into my 97 250... its just an axel... so what are the parts im gonna need? ... im not doing an rsk being I already have 4inch lift springs... I know that swapping the d60 makes the front taller so I've taken care of the rear with an add a leaf I have all new stainless brake lines for the extra hieght... I know im gonna need a trac bar and mount new u bolts... anything else? I know you guys can help so thanks for any advice

You will need a track bar, track bar bracket, drop track bar bracket, drivers side u-bot plate, u-bolts, F350 driveshaft, andfront t-case yolk.

You dont need brake lines

Pstroke96

Reaction score
im sure you were planning on it already but just so its said, go through the axle before you put it under the truck, pads, calipers, rotors, axle u joints, fluid change, axle seals all that fun stuff, its alot easier on the bench

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
You need a RS kit and SD springs..etc if you want the best ride quality..We developed this mod over 10 years ago and have helped Thousands..PM me if I can help.

Latest posts

Members online