Double Din/Radio Head Unit, what to get?

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting rid of my stock radio, wondering what to get. I am looking for something easy to use, that i can hook up my iphone to for music, and gps...dvd is a plus, but i would really not like to crash and die. Any ideas? I have never had a different radio, so i have no idea what i should get or what is good. Looking to spend right around 250 bucks.

HokieStrokin

Reaction score
Do not get a Clarion. I have one that is 4 months old, hasn't worked right for the last 3 months and there is no customer service from clarion. I'm switching out for a kenwood this weekend.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I love my Pioneer... Forgot the model... Our glorious leader PTSuperD has the same one....maybe he will chime and and remember

thuglike

Reaction score
Pioneer is real good too.

And with top of the line head units from any make you can plug anything into them, just be prepared to spend major coin.

Zmann

Reaction score
I used to have sony HU and actually 2 of them

both failed so I replaced it with a Pioneer that was on a truck 6 years ago

now I have 3 Pioneer HU they just keep on working awesome

one mad it's way into My boat LOL

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Just bought a jvc deck. Under 300 bucks. 6" screen, dvd bluetooth pretty much everything except navigation. This unit has a detachable face. Which was one of my main draws past the price point. I really liked the pioneer stuff but I don't have a iphone and don't plan to get one. The jvc says it supports backberry and andriod on the box another good selling point. My truck is in the body shop so it will be a bit before I can give a review but it is a kw-av61bt jvc

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Might look around locally mine was almost a $100 cheaper that best buy was selling it for

My big thing is I have a best but credit card so I just buy my stuff though them. Only credit card I got as of now so I try and keep a payment on it monthly with something. That and 18 mos no interest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Heck try to find it online and get them to price match it. 50-100 buck could go twards or buy a decent set of speakers to go with the deck.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
I just upgraded my truck in March
Pioneer 4500BT head unit 7" touch screen.
Alpine amp 45w X 4 channel
JL C2 speakers
Pioneer B6 camera
It sounds really good! The stereo installer hooked up without the amp and let me listen to it and then hooked up the amp and let me listen to it. Huge difference. I also recommend the speakers. Good bass for a 5x7. I do not have an I-phone but the reviews I have read rave about those features. Blue tooth works well but my truck is a little noisy for conversations. The App phone features do not live up to the hype in my opinion.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I just upgraded my truck in March
Pioneer 4500BT head unit 7" touch screen.
Alpine amp 45w X 4 channel
JL C2 speakers
Pioneer B6 camera
It sounds really good! The stereo installer hooked up without the amp and let me listen to it and then hooked up the amp and let me listen to it. Huge difference. I also recommend the speakers. Good bass for a 5x7. I do not have an I-phone but the reviews I have read rave about those features. Blue tooth works well but my truck is a little noisy for conversations. The App phone features do not live up to the hype in my opinion.

what installation kit did you get?

CGMKCM

Reaction score
The installer used a Metra 95-5818 Double Din Dash Kit for Select 1997-2003 Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Vehicles ($10 at Amazon).

I did not do the installation myself. My trucks previous owner was really into audio/video stuff and had hacked up the trucks stereo and speaker wiring.
I wanted someone to crop out the bad and properly splice in what ever needed to be replaced.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.