Help with codes!!

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Long story short, Ive been having issues with my truck for the last few months. I was finally able to find another fellow Powerstroke guy with AE to scan my truck for me and we came up with a ton of codes that I need help with.
P0057
P0100
P0284
P0472
P0475
P0476
P0541
P0605
P1274
P1278
P1293
P1294
P1298

The truck will shudder under light load. It has 114,xxx miles and all mods are in sig. Ill take any thoughts/ideas I can get at this point.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Enter each code in you browsers search bar, it will pull it up. From what I can see it's spitting out all kinds of stuff, cylinder 8 contribution, mass air flow, exhaust backpressure. I would clear the codes then run it again and see what it spits out.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Enter each code in you browsers search bar, it will pull it up. From what I can see it's spitting out all kinds of stuff, cylinder 8 contribution, mass air flow, exhaust backpressure. I would clear the codes then run it again and see what it spits out.

:whs:

I doubt you are going to have all of those issues. I think one of your original codes led to another.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!! I did look up all the codes but my problem is where to start. I was thinking that with the codes P1293, 1294 and 1298 I might have a bad IDM but then with the P0605 possible bad PCM. I did check the wiring between the PCM to IDM to engine and everything looked ok and Ohm'd out good with 3.1 Ohms at all injectors. And Im lost on P0100 Cuz I know I dont have a MAF and P0057 Heated O2 Sensor??

These are the codes Im most concerned about. I wish I had better access to a scanner but the guy that scanned it for me lives a little too far away to use his AE as often as Id like to and I cant afford to buy it right now.
P0057
P0100
P0284
P0605
P1274
P1278
P1293
P1294
P1298

Tom S

Reaction score
I agree in that I would have reset the codes and then see what popped up again.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
I deffinatly agree with that too. Im hoping I can have the guy scan it again for me or find someone else in my area with AE that would be willing to help out. Im getting married in a month so I have NO extra money or I would buy my own scanner.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Well don't know about where you live, but here in Texas, the local auto parts store will do a free CEL scan and see what or if any codes are thrown!

JLDickmon

Reaction score
P1274
P1278
P1293
P1294
P1298

The truck will shudder under light load. It has 114,xxx miles and all mods are in sig. Ill take any thoughts/ideas I can get at this point.

pop the valve covers off and look for loose connections at either side of the gaskets and at the injectors.

get the lock kit.

worse case scenario, you need to replace a couple injectors, but I doubt your IDM is bad.. those usually go out in a blaze of glory..

JLDickmon

Reaction score
P0284
P0472
P0475
P0476
P0541
P0605

the P0284 is in here because of the injector issues..

the P0472, P0475 and P0476 are all EBPV codes.. did you disconnect it or gut it?

every 7.3 I've ever seen throws that P0541 AIH code, hooked up or not, deleted or not..

the P0605 you get when you have a chip or programmer installed..
that's how Ford knows you've been f*cking around with it.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
I have replaced the UVCH on both sides and I have had the covers off a few times looking for loose conections. Hell right now a bad injector would almost be a best case scenario at this point. LOL.
I did have the EBPV disconnected when we scanned it so that explains those codes. I found another IDM to use to test in my truck so I might as well throw it in to rule that out.
Thanks to everyone for all the input and Ill post up what I find out!!

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Update

So I noticed yesterday, when the truck is up to temp and running like crap, if I accelerate hard it will start to blow black smoke then turn to white/grey smoke. Im assuming this is a bad injector hanging open. Other then hard acceleration, it doesnt smoke at all and never smokes at start up.
Anyone else agree its time for injectors??

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
Anyone else agree its time for injectors??

Maybe, but not without more testing. Did you clear codes with AE? Did SES lite come back? What codes did you get?

Do buzz test, CCT, and rotational velocity to narrow it down to specific cyl's having a problem. You can measure resistance of injectors while waiting for AE again - but this and buzz test only check the electrical parts of the injectors (wiring/solenoids).

I had some really, really weird issues that stemmed from bad VC gasket. I had continuity, low power voltage (KOEO) - but would not carry the load to fire injectors... :doh:

If you haven't yet, remove EBP sensor/tube and clean if req'd.

mudslinger02

Reaction score
I havent been able to hook back up to AE yet, still trying to find someone that can help me out with that but Ive never had the ses light come on.
The 1 time I was able to scan it, it passed the buzz test but we were unable to get it to complete the cct.
The ebp tube and sensor are clean, that was the first thing I checked a few months ago when I started having problems. I did read somewhere tho that the MAT (manifold ar temp) sensor can cause similar problems so I might try putting a new sensor in it and see what happens. For $15 its worth a shot

mortal798

Reaction score
The codes need to be diagnosed in a specific order - and it depends on what ones came up as On-Demand codes, and which ones are Continuous Memory. On-Demand means that the problem causing the code was happening at the time the scanner ran the tests. Continuous Memory means that the PCM saw the problem, and stored the code in memory - it did not happen during the active test that the scanner ran.

Whether or not you get OD DTCs depends on the scanner you are using. Some scanners only read CM DTCs, and do not run an active test. I don't know what AE scanners do.

OD DTCs always need to be diagnosed first.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.