Fuel Tank?

Reaction score
I have a 2012 F-350 Lariat CCSB and I was wondering if everyone has a 25 gallon fuel tank on the new trucks? I dont have any complaints on the truck other than the fuel tank size.

I have looked at getting a transfer tank to go under my toolbox but hell they are over 500 bucks. I have gotten under the truck and seen that you can at least get another 12-15 gallons under there.

Is there any reason Ford did this? I am getting 15-15.5 on fuel milage which I am not complaining about for a 1-ton and 35's I just wish they would of made it to where I can go more than 400 miles on a tank of fuel.

01PSD

Reaction score
My guess is they had to make room for the DEF tank, but then again I haven't actually looked under one back there.. so idk, nor do I know the capacity of the DEF tank

Reaction score
Those Titan tanks look good nice and all but holy $hit 1,100 bucks.

Has anyone on here used the titan tanks or has anyone put a transfer tank in the bed of their trucks? Also have you just ran it to the existing fuel lines?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Bed mounted L tank is your best bet.

Tanks can be had all the time on CL for $250-$500... Then if it doesnt have a drain on the drivers side then install one. Put a ball valve there and run a hose from there thru the bed down by the filler neck.

Drill a hole in the filler neck about 10" back from the cap (give or take a few) and weld in a fitting, run 3/8" fuel hose from the tank in the bed to the filler neck.

Just that easy. It will gravity feed the main truck tank until the pressure between the cap and the port location stops it.

I have not filled the main tank in years, just the L tank in the bed. I never turn the ball valve off unless I need to drop the tank for one reason or another.

SoGrand

Reaction score
SunsetFarms you have a pm on a very good price on a Titan tank. I have them in stock and ready to ship.

Dan

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
How does adding an in bed tank effect the miles to empty reading? Does it just say the normal 360-400 miles till empty until the bed tank is empty then it starts counting down?

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
How does adding an in bed tank effect the miles to empty reading? Does it just say the normal 360-400 miles till empty until the bed tank is empty then it starts counting down?

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Pretty sure the dealer can re-progarm the miles to empty

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.