Coolant Filtration?

Duradan

Reaction score
Just did headstuds on my motor, and im sure some old gasket and what not got in the coolant passages in the block.
Curious what the community thinks of the coolant filtration kit form diesel site? Is it worth $110 ???

Jake

Reaction score
The stuff from diesel site it is nice and you have all what you need for the install. I pieced my coolant filter setups togethor and I dont think I have more than $50 in them.

Tom S

Reaction score
I run the Dieselsite one just mounted my own way with a different hose routing.

chromehound

Reaction score
I just started running it but I can't see a downside to it aside from 1 more filter to remember to change/buy. Bigger trucks run them so why not our trucks?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I run the Dieselsite one just mounted my own way with a different hose routing.

You could prob use the hoses for drinking straws they are so clean.... From the few underood shots I have seen of your truck I think any dirt and grease just stays away out of respect lol

Tom S

Reaction score
Mixed reviews on that one. I would not use it with dual HPOP pumps probably but would not rule it out otherwise.

Post up when you get it installed and which way you did the hoses.

Jake

Reaction score
Just ordered the coolant filter kit, what is your guys' opinion on the 203 deg thermostat idea... ???

I didn't like the 203 in texas towing, truck ran too hot, oil and water was too hot. Runs like it souls with the motor craft thermostat

Sent by smoke signals

Duradan

Reaction score
I didn't like the 203 in texas towing, truck ran too hot, oil and water was too hot. Runs like it souls with the motor craft thermostat

Sent by smoke signals

Ya, it gets to be in the 110 degree weather here in nor cal, so i dont think it would be a good idea, just curious

Strokersace

Reaction score
I think Tom mounted his on the pass side of the radiator. He'd have to verify for sure. I'm going to mount mine on the right side of the radiator. Same location as the SD Diesel Site kit only with a custom mount. I don't have a stock motor compartment so I have room there and it makes the most sense. I've converted everything under the hood to the SD setup.

Tom S

Reaction score
I think Tom mounted his on the pass side of the radiator. He'd have to verify for sure. I'm going to mount mine on the right side of the radiator. Same location as the SD Diesel Site kit only with a custom mount. I don't have a stock motor compartment so I have room there and it makes the most sense. I've converted everything under the hood to the SD setup.

Yes. It is plumbed into the line that runs between the heater hose and the lower radiator tank. That line is already lower flow because it has a restriction orfice in it at the radiator. It makes for near stock hose appearance and routing.

Just one spot where I to change hose sized but I used those Gates Powergrip clamps on there so no leaks ever.

The Tee looks like a factory style hose.

Tom S

Reaction score
I bought just the head when I did mine so I cannot address what all comes with the kit. I would not worry about it too much though. If you have to buy some additional hose the stuff around the garage always gets used up somewhere on a job. I am too fussy on my stuff for appearance so that is why I went my own route

Reaction score
Coolant filters have 2 functions: Filter out debris (protects water pump mostly) and a need release pellet of SCA's. Never need to add SCA's just monitor. If you are running ELC (which you shouldn't IMHO) be sure to use a filter that is a filter only, NO SCA'S I have seen engines with holes through the liner (DT466 and NTC Cummins) in 1500 hours of operation. So SCA's are critical.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Looks amazing Tom. Mine's going to go into the water pump just below the t-stat like the SD. Then "t" into the degas bottle line right at the radiator. I love those powergrip clamps. I will definitely be using some of those. Very very clean and that's what I'm after too.

Latest posts

Members online