odd radio issues

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
have a 2010, factory 6 disc changer "basic radio" i guess.

i recently took it out, to get behind it to replace my blend door actuators.

now, every time i open the door, it lights up the #4, 5, 6 circles which i assume is would mean disc 4, 5, 6, cycles through them then says disc error.

and it will do that EVERY time i open the door, only if the radio is off. meaning, if the key is on, and you open the door it does not do it.

shut the key off, open the door which shuts off the radio, shut the door. open the door, and it cycles the changer and produces that error message.

i have never had discs in it, i don't play/use cd's, i think i only own like 3 any ways.

any ideas on a solution? or do i need to get a new HU.

next question.

i'd like to get nav as well. what all is involved with that. i have a gps, and it works, but its just another thing i have to carry around, allowing that the wife has not taken it with her.

factory radio/nav, aftermarket radio/nav, don't really matter to me, just looking for opinions on what i would need. i dont need top of the line stuff, but i don't want chit either.

also, something that lets me keep my sync. playing music from the phone/ipod is nice. better than cd's.

if that just leaves me with a factory system, that's fine. what's involved with adding nav. my local ford guys are pretty good, but i usually have to steer them in the direction i need them to go, on what i would need to add, and they can usually finish from there.

idea's??

Latest posts

Members online