D50 to D60 outer axle/hub upgrades

Big Bore

Reaction score
I have another thread on doing ball joints, but got to digging around and looking at the Dynatrac free spin kit. Is this just a D60 outer stub and hub? Can we do a DIY version of that? If the axle u-joints are the same, what would be the issues at the hub? Would be great to be able to keep my power slot rotors etc. Seems like a possible upgrade using factory parts?

sgleshot

Reaction score
the only diy version of this lands you with 8 on 6.5 outters which would not allow you to used the rotors and you would even have to have different wheels from front to back.

Big Bore

Reaction score
the only diy version of this lands you with 8 on 6.5 outters which would not allow you to used the rotors and you would even have to have different wheels from front to back.

Thats what I thought. The other option is late model axle and coil swap, just doing a cost benefit compared to the other options. Problem is, the ball joints need replaced now, and that swap is not in the near future, so looks like I'm going to be replacing the unit bearings. blah

sgleshot

Reaction score
not a big deal if you had a d80 rear, then you could rob dually hubs off a van as they retained the 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern