Fan Clutch Acting Weird and DTC P0528

07stroker

Reaction score
Friday, my fan clutch kicked on/off multiple times for various lengths of time, in a heavy rain during my ride home from work. I got home, checked for codes and found P0528 which is "Fan Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal".

I ran the truck the rest of the weekend and the fan turned on a couple of random times (Temperatures were not high at all) and the DTC was still present.

Yesterday, I drove home in the rain and it acted the same as it did on Friday. It almost seems that something is shorting out, but I have inspected the fan wiring harness and I have found nothing obvious.

From what I have read, the general consensus seems to be that the fan clutch is no good. Could it be the sensor?? I would hate to drop the dollars on the fan clutch if it not the problem.

Can anyone offer an opinion or has anyone had any experience with fan clutch issues?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
have you tried to just unhook the fan harness and see what it does? Thats the next step i would take.

I think a no signal is an open circuit code, sensor is no good or harness has an open

07stroker

Reaction score
I did find out since posting this that the fan speed sensor is a Hall-Effect sensor internal to the vistronic drive fan (Fan Clutch). So, I would think either the internal sensor is bad making the fan clutch no good or it would have to be a broken or chafed wire. In this case I have inspected the harness multiple times and found no brake/chaffing which would mean the fan clutch....

Anyways, I have ordered a new clutch which should be in tomorrow and I plan to install it this weekend....I will note whether it has solved the problem or not.

07stroker

Reaction score
Just FYI for anyone who may come across this problem in the future. Replaced the fan clutch last weekend and the problem is solved.

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
got a truck doing the same thing. will replace the fan clutch and see what happens. thanks for this thread.

gairforce1

Reaction score
so i was getting this same code and found the wire cut.. so i took everything apart and replaced the whole fan clutch.. put it all back together and just got the same code.. anyone have any ideas.. could the short be some where in the wiring past the clip..

yeehaw

Reaction score
I still have yet to fix mine, it throws the code every few days and i just keep deleting it. I'll fix it once it is warmer out here. Plus just been busy trying to work two jobs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.