Electrical Issues? Multiple problems suddenly.

augustus89

Reaction score
My 6.7 has been trouble free since purchased new 15,000 miles ago, until now. A handful of issues have come up, all at the exact same time. Here is a list of my issues:
-Both passenger side door speakers not working at all.
-Sync microphone not working. Truck will say the "please say a command" prompt but does not pick up anything I say.
-Compass will not show up on LCD productivity screen. Just displays "--".
-Interior light/dimmer switch not working.

Like I said, all these came up at the exact same time do I assume they're all from a single issue. The truck is still under warranty, but I don't have the time right now to let go of it. Hoped someone here would have some helpful thoughts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I dont know what caused this but it sounds like a problem with the SYNC system. It may have to go in to be fixed. Maybe also check out the fuse that control these things to see if something to do with it.

augustus89

Reaction score
I dont know what caused this but it sounds like a problem with the SYNC system. It may have to go in to be fixed. Maybe also check out the fuse that control these things to see if something to do with it.

I've looked through the fuses and their descriptions, checked a few that maybe sounded close but everything checked out okay. Didn't know if any fuses were related to any of these functions but possibly not labeled as it?

Elliott

Reaction score
Sounds like a head unit issue as every concern you have is related to it ( sound, Synch, and compass). Definitely something that FoMoCo warranty should cover. Swing by the dealership and show a tech the issue, shouldn't be any more than a couple of hrs to replace. Just make sure they have a replacement in stock.

12stroker

Reaction score
Yeah don't take a modded truck here lol when I was looking at trucks here they told me right away about if I modded my truck don't ever bring it here like that.

We just started taking trucks to bud cross in Caldwell but haven't talked to them about tuned trucks. We had a bad experience with varsity.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Try Team Auto in navasota. They are really nice and generous. I bought my truck there and had some sync issues right off the bat at 6k miles on my 2012 reg cab and they fixed it when varsity ford in college station didnt know what the hell to do

Latest posts

Members online