highest super duty B.L. weight rating

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Saw a 6.7 today, was a work truck for a drilling company. Big work bed set up with a Big welder and torch bottles and had a GN hitch. Had 19.5's so I'm guessing it was a 450 or 550. On the side was "B.L. 42,000" That seems higher than a super duty can be rated at. My question is, what is the highest B.L. rating the new super duties can have?

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are located but here in Ontario you can register a commercial vehicle at whatever weight you want regardless of the GVWR in the door sticker.

Most places collect more money on tag renewal for higher registered weights so of course they will let you go as high as you want, even if it is unsafe.

That much weight seems a little out there though.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are located but here in Ontario you can register a commercial vehicle at whatever weight you want regardless of the GVWR in the door sticker.

Most places collect more money on tag renewal for higher registered weights so of course they will let you go as high as you want, even if it is unsafe.

That much weight seems a little out there though.

I'm sure that's prolly how it is here too, I could prolly go tag my F250 at 30k they prolly give me the plates. That's prolly it. But, I was trying think. I thought the max weight even for a 550 is somewhere in the 30's

Edit: just looked up the super duty towing guide for the 2013's and the highest GCWR for a 550 is 35,000.

So, next question. With the truck only rated at 35 from the factory and he's runnin around at 42. What kind of trouble ya get in if you wreck or something? And what about warranty?

Last edited:

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
It is the same here as far as I know, register your truck for whatever weight you want and you get plates.

Also when your commercially operating something it goes by the axle weight ratings and tire weight ratings. As long as neither of those two ratings are exceeded your golden. My memory may be a little foggy, but I'm pretty sure that's how it is set up.

Grizzdog

Reaction score
Correct. As long as you don't over load your fawr and rawr you can tow as much as you want. The gcwr isnt on the door jam. Just the axle ratings and tires. Thats all they look at when you get pulled over.

Most hot shot guys are tagged for around 42 if I remeber right

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.