2011 BCM problems

Bgrish

Reaction score
My dome lights keep going out, dealer has blamed BCM and changed it 3 times, they work for a few days and gone again??? Any ideas....:fordoval:

Bgrish

Reaction score
Nothing, they just went through the steps to get the lights to work and the final step was bypassing the bcm, the lights worked so according to them it was a bad bcm

Bgrish

Reaction score
Also realized today that my inverter plug on the back of the console isn't working, the little green light is on but nothing happens

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
You're talking your interior roof lights and puddle lights and stuff, yea?

There are no aftermarket additions to that circuit anywhere, is there?

This problem can also be caused by incorrect module configuration. Make sure they are using asbuilt data and not just inhaling faulty info from one module to the next.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Could be corrupted configuration data or they aren't setting some parameters right. I know in a SJB in a 08-10 you have to tell the module how many doors, certain lighting parameters, etc.

I can't honestly see three bad modules in a row. There's either a configuration error or something else that's killing the module.

Alfie

Reaction score
I don't think they would be that dumb. Not to have tried using as build but it doesn't sound like that is the issue. These SJB monitor circuit amperage at each circuit. If there is excessive amperage it will stop sending power to that circuit , until the codes is cleared. If the amperage keeps exceeding the calibrated about it will permanently cut power to the circuit and replacement of that module is required. I would bet that is more the issue here. But without seeing the truck its hard to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.