Truck died!!??

BlueOx

Reaction score
Ok well I just installed my mini Maxx but I'm still waiting on my delete pipe so I've been running the street tunes for a couple of days now. So today I was getting onto the feeder, I pulled out and punched it, the truck accelerated great for about 50ft and then died! All the electronics were still on, but the engine was completely off. So with no power steering, I coasted into a near by parking lot, turned the key off and started it back up like nothing ever happened. Got back home and checked for codes but nothing was showing for the engine or tranny on the Mini Maxx.

Has anybody ever had this happen or maybe know what might have happened? LoL I must say this has me a bit worried since I've only been tuned for a couple of days now.

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

WHY NOT

Reaction score
This is the first I have heard of that happening. I have no clue what would cause that unless it somehow hit a safety in there somewhere.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I want to take a stab and say it has something to do with torque truncation.
If it pulls fuel hard enough, I think the truck shuts off. I could be wrong, but I remember something along those lines.
Just my 2.

BlueOx

Reaction score
This is the first I have heard of that happening. I have no clue what would cause that unless it somehow hit a safety in there somewhere.

Yea it's new to me also. And what really floors me Is that the truck didn't try to defuel at all. It just died completely.

BlueOx

Reaction score
I want to take a stab and say it has something to do with torque truncation.
If it pulls fuel hard enough, I think the truck shuts off. I could be wrong, but I remember something along those lines.
Just my 2.

I wonder if it has to do with the ID Torq 2.2 I have installed?? I had completely forgot I had that installed until I heard you say something about truncation.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
If you're stacking with the T2.2, I'd turn that down to 80% or so and you should be on your way. Otherwise, you can go the other way around. Start at 0 and slowly add the Torq to the mix and find the happy median.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last night! I'm running a spartan, and i was chasing down my buddies truck runnin about 100 or so and it just shut off. I coasted off to the side of the road and looked everything over. Then it fired up just fine. Check the codes and it had a code for a fuel leak, which it has none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueOx

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last night! I'm running a spartan, and i was chasing down my buddies truck runnin about 100 or so and it just shut off. I coasted off to the side of the road and looked everything over. Then it fired up just fine. Check the codes and it had a code for a fuel leak, which it has none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh well that's weird. I haven't tried dialing down the Tq2.2 on my truck yet. I'll do it today and post the results.

Rowdy

Reaction score
Hey this has happened to a buddy of mine (he is on here broncof250444) like 3 times in the past year. He said he just puts it in Nuetral while coasting restarts the truck and puts it back in gear and takes off. He called H&S and they asked if he had soldered the power wire thats supplying the Mini Max because they have had problems like that with butt splices and taps which is what he used because he was in a hurry. Mine is soldered and never have had this problem. Maybe he can chime in on it with more info.

broncof250444

Reaction score
Hey this has happened to a buddy of mine (he is on here broncof250444) like 3 times in the past year. He said he just puts it in Nuetral while coasting restarts the truck and puts it back in gear and takes off. He called H&S and they asked if he had soldered the power wire thats supplying the Mini Max because they have had problems like that with butt splices and taps which is what he used because he was in a hurry. Mine is soldered and never have had this problem. Maybe he can chime in on it with more info.

As Rowdy said I have had it happen a total of 5 times since I installed it on my truck back in Nov of 2011, never updated. I did just crimp the wire on mine at the time under the dash vs Rowdy and all my customers I have soldered which never had a problem. I have always thought it was weird because it would do it only under hard throttle and normally as I hit a slight bump. Theres never no pattern to it either, I get on my truck and full throttle everyday. First time it did it I only had the tuner in for a week or so and it did it twice within 2 days, then it went almost a year then did it once then 2 months later it did it twice with a week or two and that's been 3 months ago since last time it did it. When I was on the phone with h&s about some orders I asked the tech about it few weeks go and he thought it could be that connection. just haven't had time to get in there and do it.