Radio Interference

3brorce

Reaction score
Starting to notice that when I have my dashdaq/spartan screen on I get static on my radio stations. As soon as I put it on my radio goes to static. As soon as I turn it off, it goes away. Weird right? Anything to be done? I dont want to be cruising to TS with a staticky radio with my spartan on. I could just shut it off and unplug it but then what good is it.

Bosshawg600

Reaction score
Starting to notice that when I have my dashdaq/spartan screen on I get static on my radio stations. As soon as I put it on my radio goes to static. As soon as I turn it off, it goes away. Weird right? Anything to be done? I dont want to be cruising to TS with a staticky radio with my spartan on. I could just shut it off and unplug it but then what good is it.

Ive noticed the same thing on ine, not a lot of static, but just enough to be noticable....and would drive me crazy on a long trip!!!!

3brorce

Reaction score
Ive noticed the same thing on ine, not a lot of static, but just enough to be noticable....and would drive me crazy on a long trip!!!!

Mine is noticeable for sure and annoys me. Switched out antennas and that bs. Think it is a ground and called DrewTech and that is pretty much where I am at.

78f100

Reaction score
I had a drill battery charger in my work truck would do the same thing. Got a new one, same brand and it stopped. I know that doesn't help you any but I bet something is wrong in the DD.

3brorce

Reaction score
Ya, I called them and they said they have never heard of a DD causing interference. Just thought it was odd.

3brorce

Reaction score
I am leaning more and more to grounding or that. I have a little static all the time just more pro-nounced when DD is on. Cord I believe is fine. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.