parking brake bypass? rear camera?

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I just installed a jvc kw-av61bt deck in the truck. At this point I've got the steering wheel controls, mic and everything pretty much wired. All I have left at this point is working around the parking brake. I'm not sure exactly how to attack this as I appears to need a voltage signal. Does anyone know what I'd need to do as a work around? I assume I won't be able to simple wire it up to a constant line meaning it will have to have some sort of a brake in continuity to function. Also I am starting to look for a decent back up camera. I don't really need 1080p quality but decent function would be nice. What is something moderately priced that functions well? This will likely be mounted to the parge pipe rear bumper as well if that make any difference since I no longer have stock bumpers. also what are the possibilities of potentially using a front and rear camera with some sort of toggle switch to switch inbetween the different cameras?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I have an extra bypass switch for watching vids while driving.... Bought it for my pioneer... Not sure if its the same thing u r looking for. I also have a rear camera to attach to license plate screws
I haven't used.

zilla68

Reaction score
I just installed a jvc kw-av61bt deck in the truck. At this point I've got the steering wheel controls, mic and everything pretty much wired. All I have left at this point is working around the parking brake. I'm not sure exactly how to attack this as I appears to need a voltage signal. Does anyone know what I'd need to do as a work around? I assume I won't be able to simple wire it up to a constant line meaning it will have to have some sort of a brake in continuity to function. Also I am starting to look for a decent back up camera. I don't really need 1080p quality but decent function would be nice. What is something moderately priced that functions well? This will likely be mounted to the parge pipe rear bumper as well if that make any difference since I no longer have stock bumpers. also what are the possibilities of potentially using a front and rear camera with some sort of toggle switch to switch inbetween the different cameras?

I did a pioneer set up in the our tahoe and had the same issue. I had to wire in a relay and it works fine. I found my solution on you tube, lol, step by step video.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I think from searching I need to just ground out the wire and possibly will just need a toggle to break ground. Haven't had time to pull it apart and verify.

Gulfcoast

Reaction score
on my jvc unit I just had to take the wire to a good ground and I can watch DVDs while driving and/or enter destinations for navigation, etc.

one2nine

Reaction score
Wire in a relay. In fact let me look at home I think I actually have an extra one that just splices in. If I can find it you can just have it

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Finally got around to it. Just grounding the wire allows it to work. No switched needed. Just a screw and a crimp eye let

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.