Adding the EGT to my Edge CTS

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Finally ordered my the EGT probe for my edge CTS. I ordered the Expandable EGT, the one that comes with the EAS starter kit. Part #98603. I'm planing on putting it tomorrow if I have the time. For now, here are a few pics:

Package it came in:

e5561b05.jpg

Part Number:

52df39d3.jpg

Contents:

42d9c56a.jpg

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Ok, so I got some time today to get the EGT probe put in and hooked up. There's really not much to it. I ran by the hardware store and picked up some bits and the tap. You could probably do it with less bits, but I wanted to go slow and easy since I was doing it with the Exhaust Manifold still on the truck. Instructions said to start with a 1/8" bit and work your way up to the final bit size of 21/64". So while I was at the hardware stored I picked up:

Drill Bits - 1/8", 3/16", 17/64",19/64", and 21/64"
Tap 1/8"-27 NPT

The only other things I used were:
Drill
Tap Handle
Flashlight
Sharpie
9/16" Wrench
Safety Glasses - MUST HAVE!!!!

So here are all my tools ready to go:

dcc84546.jpg

Found my spot I wanted to mount it, rear of drivers side exhaust manifold on the bottom:

fa2560d1.jpg

Then it was time to start drilling. I drilled everything nice and slow, and slowed down even more as the bit began to break through. Like I said I took several steps of drilling just to be safe. Drilled the 1/8" Hole:

30f2c549.jpg

Drilled the hole out to 3/16":

903f4928.jpg

Drilled the hole out to 17/64":

528a80b9.jpg

Drilled the hole out to 19/64":

fd9bf4b5.jpg

Drilled the hole out to it final size of 21/64":

28813d0f.jpg

The I used the 1/8"-27NPT Tap to tap the threads in the hole:

8444358b.jpg

Then it was time to screw the fitting in:

5b53373f.jpg

Then insert the probe into the fitting and tighten down the nut:

3e6bea88.jpg

Then it was just a matter of running the line up to the firewall. The probe cable has the probe on one end and the EAS connection that hooks to the EAS cable on the other end. I just ran mine up next to the firewall, behind the master cylinder. That's where I made my connection between the Probe Cable (Silver with black EAS connection on the end) and the EAS Cable (black):

1a1a840b.png

Then I just ran the other end of the EAS cable (that connects to the CTS) through the grommet in the firewall, up through the dash and to the pillar where my CTS is mounted. You can see more info on that install here:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...inally-got-my-edge-cts-installing-pillar.html

I did have to trim my pillar mount a little more to allow clearance for the EAS cable:

a6508b65.jpg

Very easy install, and glad I can finally monitor my EGT's.

3a8debef.png

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Thanks. Should be really easy to hook up additional EAS accessories now. They just piggyback on the connection up by the firewall. Fuel Pressure will be next.

367-98607.jpg

367-98605.jpg

JDub

Reaction score
Thanks. Should be really easy to hook up additional EAS accessories now. They just piggyback on the connection up by the firewall. Fuel Pressure will be next.

367-98607.jpg

367-98605.jpg

Yes, it is super easy, they've done a nice job with the system. Very happy with mine, kind of cool to watch turbo compressor discharge temperatures

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Man that's sounds awesome for the fuel pressure add on. Wish I could get that! Oh wait I asked for the expandable probe when DI had it and they installed non-expandable. Still upset about that, buy they are great guys to deal with none the less.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Just buy the expandable EGT probe and change it out. Easy to change. You already have the hard work like drilling and tapping done. Just call Edge and make sure the threads are the same size on the expandable probe and the non-expandable probe. if they are, its just a matter of unscrewing the old one and screwing the new one in. Not even five minutes worth of work. Then just run the EAS cable up to your monitor. Done!!! Here's the probe you need (comes with the EAS starter cable):

http://thmotorsports.com/edge_products/edge_products_cs/cts_accessories/98603/i-390308.aspx

Latest posts

Members online