2000 CCLB collison restoration

kcpowerstroke

Reaction score
well here it is, bought this truck about a year ago and have just been slowly rebuilding it. its a lariat 4x4 loaded with 180,000 on it. bought it for $2,700, and after having the frame straightened, a cab side welded in, a whole new front end, front leaf springs, brakes, transfer case, fender, inner fender, drivers door, tailgate, fender flares, hood, bed, wheels, batteries, battery tray and some shocks, ive got about $6,500 into it. its going to a family members place this weekend to get the body work done and start on the paint, figured id show you guys some before and during pictures then post it done and see what ya think. its getting painted the factory blue without the gold on the bottom, with a full PTM front end, rear bumper, fender flares and stripping all the trim and debadging it. hopefully she turns out good! thanks

65v4ev.jpg

333lwqx.jpg

2u9u0zo.jpg

1chn8.jpg

15p0o75.jpg

axl0s1.jpg

34f1llg.jpg

mandkole

Reaction score
Looking good. Quite a project--do you have 'good-guy' connections in the body repair business? What do you figure you'll have in it? Looks like at least $10K...

Ive often thought about doing a salvage, but they are becoming way too expensive to fix. Its hard to get into them for less than market after the repair and having a salvage title on top of it, doesnt make it worth it for me.

kcpowerstroke

Reaction score
Looking good. Quite a project--do you have 'good-guy' connections in the body repair business? What do you figure you'll have in it? Looks like at least $10K...

Ive often thought about doing a salvage, but they are becoming way too expensive to fix. Its hard to get into them for less than market after the repair and having a salvage title on top of it, doesnt make it worth it for me.

yeah my cousin went for school for collison repair and has a pole barn that he paints peoples car in on the side, im doing some welding work for him so hes doing in for the cost of the paint and supplies so all that should be just under a grand, all i plan on doing after this is installing the exhaust i bought, throwing some used 35's on it and a ts chip and calling it a day so i think i'll be all set around $8,500.

kcpowerstroke

Reaction score
decided to go with a little bit differnt color, it has more blue in it then green. so far i love it! getting the bed painted this week and the rest of the truck should be done next weekend

kcpowerstroke

Reaction score
the paint looks kinda ****ty in the pics cause it hasn't had the cut job on the clear coat yet but its beening wheeled out amd clay barred this weekend, throwing the painted flares on and ill upload the finished product

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was about to ask about the matte.look of the paint but didnt wanna be a jerk! Bumper looks like its not all lined up around the pass side front wheelwell too.

kcpowerstroke

Reaction score
yeah the rear bumper was sagging in this pic cause I only had 2 bolts in it at the time and the front bumper isn't lined up in the picture too cause I don't have the side brackets for the 05 yet

Latest posts

Members online