AFE Stage II air intake

jwfrauts

Reaction score
I am running the AFE Stage 2 intake that replaces the battery box and all. Every since I put the powermax on the truck it will suck the filter minder bulb on the intake in at wot. I have cleaned he filter, done a zoodad mod, and even tried to direct the air from the outside to to the filter. It still sucks the bulb in. It sucks it in about 3/4 of the way in. The filter is huge so I would think that it would get plenty of air. Has anybody else seen this problem? The most boost that the truck sees is around 33 to 35 lbs. With the 190cc injectors it can get pretty hot. 1800 to 1900 degrees with a race tune.

Irontx

Reaction score
Hey Jeff, think I have another filter minder. Swap it out to rule out a weak spring maybe?

WTH................ member since May and 5 post????????LOLLOL

Extended Power

Reaction score
Use less oil on the filter, and or, just plug the hole, leaving the filter minder unplugged from the intake tube. (Hopefully people are smart enough to know when to service an air filter, and not rely on the SES light to come on before cleaning them...)LOL

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I have the airaide intake as well but never had an issue with it suckin the minder shut..... It's never come one either actually....I clean mine about 3xs a year but I only drive my truck on weekends mainly.

jwfrauts

Reaction score
Not yet, I am going to try another bulb to see if mine is bad. I just cleaned the filter again and tried to direct more air to it. I am still having the same problem.