IPR valve socket

Stroker6.0

Reaction score
I just picked one up from my SNAP ON man. He told me this was a new tool they just started offering this year. I dont have a part number on me but i will find out and post it. I know other companies offer this. But for you thet like Snap On tools. It's out. Also the price was $51.00 or close to that.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
IMG_0555.png

strokin6L

Reaction score
Can the IPR be removed with the turbo or intake manifold still on? I've got an '04 and have replaced the ICP sensor back there, never looked into how much room there is removeing the IPR.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
You can take it off with the manifold and turbo on from what I remember, I haven't messed around with the cab on in a while. I tried using this socket once and couldn't get enough play in my coolant return lines to get the socket fully on, so I just cut and used an adjustable wrench to get some good turns with the y pipe there.

lubeowner

Reaction score
I made my own ipr socket and I can change them with only having to remove the air filterand pull the coolant bottle ahead. It takes longer to get the wire unplugged then to unscrew the socket. And just for point of reference I didn't have one and wanted it same day so I could wait on one. It wasn't really any cheaper making my own.