Steering dampners

Aaron S

Reaction score
Should they have a nitrogen charge in them, as in enough that the rod extends out with close to the force of a standard shock?

Thanks

Aaron S

Reaction score
Its a dual dampner, opposed setup. Im trying to figure out why the steering wheel and tires are pushed around so much by pot holes, and bumps in the road.

My guess right now is the 9 inch wheels with 5 inch backspacing has too much leverage over the rest of the system.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
What year is your truck? How much lift? How was it lifted? What kind of shape is your suspension and steering links in? What are your alignment specs?

There are a ton of variables here. I'd start by outlining what you have. Filling out our sig would be a good place to start in order to avoid having to answer redundant questions.

Without knowing details, I'd say you more than likely have something not quite right in your steering. A damper would just be a band-aid.

Edit: Just re-read your last post. It sounds like bump-steer. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you have an 05'+ truck. If this is the case, the track bar and drag link need to be parallel for proper handling.

Aaron S

Reaction score
Everything is tight on the truck. 2002 with 2006 axles, icon leveling, 4 link and never aligned.

Im just asking small questions so I have a better understanding of how things work and Il get things fixed slowly with that info.

I was hoping that installing a 06 box with the shorter pitman arm was going to eliminate alot or all of the bump steer, and it may have, but I cant seem to get a rebuilt box that works properly.

Right now I think my problems are the incorrect front end alignment, wheel offset out too far, and mostly me. :morons:

chappy

Reaction score
I would guess it is due to the caster being to much. The boys from trucktoyz said before what they though the specs should be and it wasn't factory specs.

Members online

No members online now.