Center console sub box

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Anyone built one? Thinking of building a fiberglass one for a 12" possibly just throwing around ideas right now.

Koda22

Reaction score
If I had captain chairs, I would have one...I'm thinking about maybe trying to cut the center seat and putting a box in it...where you wouldn't be able to see it....but I think you would hear it alot better then behind the seat

Jharry00

Reaction score
I made one this past winter and it came out awesome. Fiberglassed and molded cup holders And a tray and at the bottom did 4 circles where I'm gonna put 4 gauges in. And put green led lights on it . And it's got a 12 inch JL in the back facing straight back. It's alot of work but it's awesome and saves you from having to put a box under that small ass back seat that takes up space

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
I'd really like to see some pics if possible, that sounds like the same layout I'm thinking of too.

Jharry00

Reaction score
Idk how to upload pics on here I'm a newbie. Or I can text them to you if you tomorrow if you want I have a bunch of pics

2000wa250

Reaction score
Built one recently. Still have to finish it but for now it works. I'll take some pics and upload them tomorrow

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

davidyack

Reaction score
I recently built this for a friends 03. Has 2 kicker l5 square 12's in it. Thats an alligator print suede its wrapped in.
aqebuhe9.jpg

05wh250

Reaction score
If I had captain chairs, I would have one...I'm thinking about maybe trying to cut the center seat and putting a box in it...where you wouldn't be able to see it....but I think you would hear it alot better then behind the seat

I just did this s couple months ago turned out awesome and it surprises the hell out of people.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
How did the l5's do? Is that a sealed downfiring box? I was lookin at doing one 12" solobaric and keeping my two 10's behind the seat. Do you have anore pics?

davidyack

Reaction score
Ill see if I can get some pics from him. Honestly, 2 l5's is too much if you plan to use the console. It hits so hard, everything in it bounces and rattles.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
Guys I just picked up a kicker l5 12" in a ported box from a pawn shop on my lunch hour this thing hits crazy lows the dimensions of the box are perfect size I'm going to glass it and paint it to finish it off I'll post pics shortly

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Guys I just picked up a kicker l5 12" in a ported box from a pawn shop on my lunch hour this thing hits crazy lows the dimensions of the box are perfect size I'm going to glass it and paint it to finish it off I'll post pics shortly

can't wait to see it. I have two 8's in a basic box I had built for the console... Not as pretty but it is EXTREMELY effective and sounds great.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I have two mtx 8's under the back seat and they sound awesome. Not enough to drowned it out but enough to give a good sound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Mine aren't shallow mount but in general 8's have come a long long way over the years. More than enough for the average joe just wanting to round out the system.

davidyack

Reaction score
I want to put 2 sundown 8's behind my seat. This is coming from a guy who didnt think 4 12's was enough a few years ago.

Latest posts

Members online