No start with new tunes

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
I just had my TS chip burned with Beans tunes and i have had some problems with them.

I installed the chip Friday afternoon and it started right up with no problem. Drove about 100 miles or so and parked it for the night. Saturday morning I try to start it and the WTS light came on for a second then when out and the CEL came on. Messed around with the chip settings and cycled the key again and it started no problem. Didnt drive many miles but shut it down and started right up 4-5 times with no problems. Then this morning I try to start it again and it does the same thing with the WTS light and CEL. Didn't matter what i did with the chip setting it wouldn't start. The truck would crank but not turn over. So I take the chip out and it fires right up without any problems whatsoever.

Any ideas on what might be going on here?

Thanks,
Ryan Schwegman

David N

Reaction score
Make sure your chip is getting a good connection on the leads. Sounds like a connection problem of some sort with the chip.

Petro

Reaction score
ya it sounds like the rubberized coating on the pcm terminal isnt completly cleaned off, same thing happened to my buddies 97, took five minutes cleaned up the connections and havnt had a problem since

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
ya it sounds like the rubberized coating on the pcm terminal isnt completly cleaned off, same thing happened to my buddies 97, took five minutes cleaned up the connections and havnt had a problem since

Well I ran TS tunes for about 45k miles before pulling it to send to Beans.

Petro

Reaction score
O than could be a problem with the chip maybe? Unless a little corrosion or something got on the terminals of the pcm, kinda hard to say

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Well I just messed with it a little. Put it back in and put tape over it. Started it in 4 of the 6 setting since the two I excluded were high idle and the lope. Started no problem on all of them. Surely the temperature of the engine and everything else wouldn't make ny difference to it starting and not starting.

Took it around the block and shut it down and it started right back up. I guess we will see what happens in the morning.

Bean

Reaction score
Doesnt matter how long you had a chip on there before, if the contacts are not clean then connection issues can pop up at any point. This definetly sounds like unclean contacts, might also check the contacts on the chip and make sure none are bent.

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Doesnt matter how long you had a chip on there before, if the contacts are not clean then connection issues can pop up at any point. This definetly sounds like unclean contacts, might also check the contacts on the chip and make sure none are bent.

Alright thanks for the input. It started up this morning no problem so I will wait and see what happens with it I suppose.

Bean

Reaction score
Just be careful because if it is not getting a good connection and you hit a bump or something you could fry the chip and the PCM. Take a minute and pull the PCM and make sure its clean.