what to do?

da94broncodude

Reaction score
Currently my truck is sitting on an icon 4.5 kit im running 37" toyo mts on 22x11 xd diesels, im done with MT tires and want to go to an AT, im lost on what i want to do biggest problem being i regeard for 37s, and there is only 1 brand of at tire i can find in a 37 and that is the falken, im not sure how i feel about them.. i was thinking of lowering/downsizing to maybe get a little mpgs back but here are my options im pondering, what would you do? keep in mind money plays its part as well

1. leave gears and tires size alone run falkens and take the chance on them only cost is tires
2. leave gears alone and run an mt and deal with the issues i have with them (noise,vibration,wear etc) Again only cost is tires
3. regear back to 373, run 325/50/22 at tires kind of a wash as i have my front gears still just need rears so i would be out $180 for rear gears and sell my 4.30s so id come out $320 ahead and cost of tires
4. take off lift, regear to 373 and find a set of take offs $400 or so around here, and wait on tire choice til i make up my mind and enjoy the change for a while..

option 5 is your idea?

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Does kumho not mak a AT that would fit what you need? I could have sworn they made some big sizes in AT... I know I have them on my ranger and love them

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Dude that pickup is very good looking how it sits now, hopefully you can find some ATs the size you are looking for. And if not maybe just go with some MTs but if it's your daily driver the noise an whatnot may get old. I have some 35's toyo MTs on my platinum an really to me they aren't very noisy and ride pretty good. Also I remember back on psn there was a thread on toyo MTs proving that they weren't very good at all in the mud an really shouldn't even be called a mud terrain tire, but I do not know because I have never had them in the mud, but like I said they ride pretty good for me.

Whytry

Reaction score
I love how the truck looks so I am saying stick with what you have. But if you couldn't take the noise and such I would lower it down some and change the tire because an ats tire will look way different than the mud terrain. just my 02

smokedout250

Reaction score
Option 2.... if you hhave 37s I feel that you should be running a mt... if you had 35s im ok with ats but as said if you drop to a 20 you will have more options

da94broncodude

Reaction score
looking at pics etc, im beginning to think that im not sitting on a 4.5" springs i think they are 7s, what do you think?

heres how mine sits 37s on 22s
IMG_2655.jpg

heres a member that was on FTW he has the 7" and same tire and wheel combo
DSC00246.jpg

and heres a truck done by truck toyz with a 4.5 and 35s on 20s
viewer.php

one of my previous setups... superlift 4" on 325/60/20s
IMG_7433.jpg

im really think i have a 7" kit now, im going to call icon tomorrow and verify, if thats the case i think ill drop to the 4.5 regear and run 325/50/22 dynapro atms