Contribution/Balance code.

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
I getting that code and Im trying to figure out what could cause it. I put bigger nozzles in I wonder if one didnt seal or something. Weird thing is it didnt do it until I had around 120miles on them.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Do you know or does it say which cylinder?

I would think the best thing to do is take them out and have II test them for you as a whole.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I would buzz test them first, pay particular attention to whatever cylinder is throwing the code. If they pass, I would do a leak down test. Maybe its a valve train thing.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
tadd had the same problem with my first set of 60's. try swapping the nozzle on the cylinder with the problem. if one cylinder is out of balance by more than 5% on the high/low the truck will limp. is it white smoking at all? or do you feel a miss?

White_monster

Reaction score
Mine did that too. I took the ones that were throwing the code out and disassembled them again. I assembled them in a container of clean diesel fuel and it fixed my problem. They need to be really clean. Also did you clean the carbon out of the nozzle retainer? If not and some fell in the tip that will cause some issues. Good luck.

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
Its only #4 doing it. I went out and looked and it threw a misfire code too. There was a little white smoke upon start up but it cleared up and the engine sounded smooth. I guess Ill take it out and take it to II with me tomorrow and have them look at it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I had the same problems but the body was too be blamed. Sometimes swapping whole injectors is the easiest way. But like stated cleanliness is super key.

I would take them out and swap 4 with 6 because its not a companion cylinder and try it plus that side is pretty easy to work on. Ids sure helps...

BFT

Reaction score
tadd had the same problem with my first set of 60's. try swapping the nozzle on the cylinder with the problem. if one cylinder is out of balance by more than 5% on the high/low the truck will limp. is it white smoking at all? or do you feel a miss?

I had the same problems but the body was too be blamed. Sometimes swapping whole injectors is the easiest way. But like stated cleanliness is super key.

I would take them out and swap 4 with 6 because its not a companion cylinder and try it plus that side is pretty easy to work on. Ids sure helps...

I'd either swap them or clean #4 then swap it with #6. Cleanliness is key thou. Any spec of dirt and bad news, even rag fibers are enough.

:whs:

White_monster

Reaction score
There RCD nozzles. There 6 hole tips that are opened up. I saw that deal too but I heard some bad things about them, half the price makes me think somethings up. Let us know how they work out, II get them fixed for you?

Nos_GTSR

Reaction score
Yeah I pulled Injector #4 and had em look at it they pop tested it and said it was good to go. The plunger was a little hard to get out at first.

Latest posts

Members online