speakers??

05str6.0ker

Reaction score
So im wanting to upgrade my door speakers. I can get a discount on most jbl and infinity speakers. im not wanting subs or or anything like that just louder more clear sound with a little bass. so i guess im asking what i should go with speaker wise. i like the infinity kappa's but they have a few different ones. this is kind of a stupid question but i appreciate any input. thanks

jdc753

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Infinity, some people think they are a little bright, some people like that sound. Generally infinity is pretty efficient power wise with higher sensitivity ratings which will help if you are keeping them powered by the head unit.

Generally with car audio gear you get what you pay for, start with a budget and go from there.

MossBack

Reaction score
I first had kappas in the front door speakers and popped 2 sets of tweeters out if the center. Now I have alpine type -s in the front doors and Memphis m-class in the rear. I wish I would have gone Memphis all around as the sound quality is much higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

THETANK01

Reaction score
I have kickers all the way around. They are ok. I would rather go back with memphis like my old truck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AmericanPride!

Reaction score
If those are your 2 choices I would go with the higher end Infinity components.

There's tons of brands out there. Just depends your budget and how dedicated you are to those brands

+ amplified obviously

thuglike

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and did an entire jl audio system

shallow jl 13" sub powered by a jl 400/1
6.5 jl evo 5's in the front
6 x 8 jl evo 5 in the rear ...all powered by a jl 600/4
head unit is a kenwood kvt 516

if you have the funds I HIGHLY recommend JL!!!!!!

jdc753

Reaction score
Awesome to hear Jason!! Where did you end up mounting the sub? Maybe I will get a chance to hear it at Englishtown this year.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Awesome to hear Jason!! Where did you end up mounting the sub? Maybe I will get a chance to hear it at Englishtown this year.

:whs: Were you with us this last year or was it just Nigel and another guy who I don't recall his name? Maybe that other guy was you is what I meant. Lol

jdc753

Reaction score
Did a single enclosure behind the passanger side rear seat.....hits plenty hard!!!!

Very nice!! It's definitely the top shallow mount sub, couple other contenders but for our limited space, best move you can make.

:whs: Were you with us this last year or was it just Nigel and another guy who I don't recall his name? Maybe that other guy was you is what I meant. Lol

I am soo easily forgettable, if it weren't for Nigel's pictures there might not be any proof that I was there last year LOL unless you are talking about some stereo discussion or checking out activities I missed out on. I just gotta get me a helmet for this year so I don't have to keep bumming the loaner from Russ.

Latest posts

Members online