long starts

psdguy95

Reaction score
I've been experiencing some long starts on my obs. In the morning or after sitting for a few hours she takes a bit to get going. It seems like it takes 5 seconds to get her started. When shes hot it will start right away. Tomorrow i'm going to check the fuel bowl and hpop to see what the levels are. Any ideas on what could cause this?

Tom S

Reaction score
I think you have a good idea for the intial checks. My next would be to see how quickly it builds HP oil the the 500psi threshold.

Tom S

Reaction score
Scan tool or a manual gauge would be the ticket for the HP oil check.

psdguy95

Reaction score
I checked the HPOP and fuel bowl and both levels were good. But i did notice this..

Battery.jpg

This battery is leaking acid on the top out of the hole covers. Could this possibly be the problem?

psdguy95

Reaction score
I had the batteries out the other day because I was wiring up my strobe lights and my new recon f350 badges. When I the batteries back in they didn't have enough juice to start the truck. Just turn the motor over for a few seconds. So I jumped them and get the truck started and let them charge. Now I have this weird start issue in the morning. And it's only after it sits for a long period of time. Kinda makes me think my batteries are slowly going dead.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.