D80 SRW Hub

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Jared,

I found a post over on the diesel garage where you guys offered a hub to convert a D80 to SRW and allow me to go from 8x200 to 8x170. Are these still available? I'm wanting to convert over to SRW and am very interested if I can get some more info. I was going to try and tackle it myself, but if you guys already did all the work that just seems so simple :thumbsup:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Sorry man didnt notice this in here. The kit has been out of production for quite a while now. I dont think Josh is going to be producing it due to lack of interest at the time of design.

If I had enough interested people I may be able to accomplish something?

Jared

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
There's some interest out there, I've gotten a few emails from folks looking to do the same. Any idea what it would take to have a set done or if there might be a set squirreled away somewhere? I found a bed for my DRW to SRW conversion, now I just need to do something with the rear axle.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Because I've already got a bigger axle in perfect condition under the pickup already. Plus then I won't have to worry about gear changes or anything else. Just need to figure out how to run an 8x170 end, run some 05+ wheels and 35" tires and I'll be a happy guy!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, is the only differance between the drw and srw is the hubs are different? As far as the dana 80 goes.

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
You could do what I did. Took a dually Dana 80 to my local drive line shop and took him my old sterling and he put my sterling outers on my 80. He also cut the tubes to be the right width and reused and cut and resplined the 80 shafts. Cost me about 650 total.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
You could do what I did. Took a dually Dana 80 to my local drive line shop and took him my old sterling and he put my sterling outers on my 80. He also cut the tubes to be the right width and reused and cut and resplined the 80 shafts. Cost me about 650 total.

No sh!t!!!! I think I might do that as well. Thanks a lot man!:toast:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok out of curiousity what all needs to be done/changed? I want it to fit DIRECTLY in my 08 f350. I want the brakes and all to bolt right up. I want to use 08 brakes and what not. So whats it gonna cost(ballpark guess)?

Latest posts

Members online