Can AE change TPMS settings?

Gulfcoast

Reaction score
My buddy put larger tires on his 2012 F250 that require a different pressure than the stock tires so now he is getting the light on the dash. Can AutoEnginutiy changes these settings? I have not played with it yet so I thought I would try here and see if anybody has done it.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Dealer can't lower the tpms pressure any lower than the sticker placard in the door, legally.

Last time I looked you couldn't do it at all. You could jack it up but not lower it. And when you put it up that was permanent.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Not that easy. You would need to find a dually that has the exact same options and configuration that the single wheel truck does.

TPMS is only one module address in the BCM/GEM, the rest of the module data is for different options/configurations and can correspond to data in another module. There are also modifications in the IC configuration data that need to be done as well.

Zmann

Reaction score
it's been done before atleast a few guys have posted up with the results after switching to load range D
It was reported just a mater of knowing what to command through the Ford IDS

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
You can do whatever you want with IDS. You just need to know what to modify and what to change it to.

Modifying tire pressure with the drop down menu in IDS can only be raised not lowered.

As best I can remember even if you force baseline Asbuilt into the module it still defaults to the baseline pressures for the GVWR.

Latest posts

Members online