Tunes

Bigdeere

Reaction score
Ok so i know there are a million threads and opinions out there on who makes the best tunes. I want to hear from everyone on this site as to whos tunes they like and why. I have IDP tunes and for the most part they rock, but im always looking to try something different. I have a trip coming up in which i will drive a few hundred miles both ways and im looking for something new.

Btw, im currently running xtreme street and erics tow program. Love the power but shifting has been lack luster, especially in tow. Shifts at a way too high rpm and the TC never locks. Im looking for something that will keep me in the lower end.

patrickke

Reaction score
I'm running kem tunes, the shifting is spot on, the power is amazing and the best thing about then is awesome customer service... Also the mileage is amazing

Mdub707

Reaction score
I started with Innovative and have since tried quite a few others. I like some of the others I've tried, and would rate them right up there with Innovative. Some of them are just "different" than the others, without one really being better than the other. The thing here that kills me is when guys pay for custom tunes, then aren't happy with them, then just jump ship. It's custom for a reason, and with that said, one tune will NOT satisfy everyone, it just wont. If you don't like something about your tune, tell the tuner, they will talk it over and change things to your liking, thus "custom tunes"...

With that said, since trying other tuners/tunes, the most important thing IMO about the tunes I've bought, is the customer service that follows. When I signed up on my first powerstroke forum, I was persuaded to try Eric @ Innovative. Since trying others tunes, I've come to realize it was the right choice from the beginning. Eric has had the fastest turn around time of any of the tuners I have dealt with, even a year after I got tunes, and had a reflash, I still had tunes back in 24 hours to my email account.

Like I said, I still have tunes from some of the others I've used that I like a lot, and use to this day. Loaded on my SCT right now is a tune from Vivian @ QTA, one from Eric @ Innovative, and one from Doug @ GoGo

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
i run doug's (@GOGO ) tunes on my 03 6.0. i will say that they are smokey at times but the truck runs and shifts a hell of a lot better then when i was running sct canned tunes.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've used Dougs Race with stock lock up and like that a LOT for daily driving, but getting a hold of Doug was and still seems to be nearly impossible. He's a busy guy.

yeehaw

Reaction score
right when i tried to get my tune from Doug is when he had his leg issue and was out of the shop but he did get me takin care of. He even called me after he sent them to make sure i got them and they worked in the truck good. I personally like his tune the best. It is smokey under full throttle but its not terrible, but it shifts nice and it is pretty quick. It seems to do ok towing 13k lbs too.

Erics tune seemed slow in my truck, and running Matts SRL tune the truck would show a CEL and i hated how the convertor locked.

bcpsd

Reaction score
Is anyone that is running Doug's tunes worried about the trans pressures being too high? Just asking based on what NADP said about his tuning. I have everyones tunes and to me TSD tuned my powermax the best.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
I tried mikes tunes from kem. They shift great and have really good manners. I had been running the spartan hybrid race previously. I ran the kem tune for a while and still like it a lot but it just dosent have the power the hybrid race tune has. The hybrid race also has better throttle response.

patrickke

Reaction score
I tried mikes tunes from kem. They shift great and have really good manners. I had been running the spartan hybrid race previously. I ran the kem tune for a while and still like it a lot but it just dosent have the power the hybrid race tune has. The hybrid race also has better throttle response.

Give Mike a call I am sure he can fix it the way you want it... Have you had your ficm tuned?

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Haven't tuned the ficm yet. When I first go the tunes he reworked them and the 2nd version was better. He said the file was a max fuel file. I have heard that a lot of the tuners though manipulate the computer to get more fuel. I was left to the assumption that he was not able to make more power with the tune. I'm not upset about the tunes it just dosent have the throttle response or perceved power of the hybrid race. I do like the tranny shifting a lot better though. I will try to get in touch with mike though and see what he can do. To me it is a good street file just not as potent.

patrickke

Reaction score
I know my race file pulls very well, more so than any of the other tunes that I have now or have used... how old is this tune?

Mdub707

Reaction score
right when i tried to get my tune from Doug is when he had his leg issue and was out of the shop but he did get me takin care of. He even called me after he sent them to make sure i got them and they worked in the truck good. I personally like his tune the best. It is smokey under full throttle but its not terrible, but it shifts nice and it is pretty quick. It seems to do ok towing 13k lbs too.

Erics tune seemed slow in my truck, and running Matts SRL tune the truck would show a CEL and i hated how the convertor locked.

That was about the same time I got my tunes, we both got them the same week I believe, I think we talked about that on facebook.

I asked for a single street tune. He sent me two race tunes and a tow tune, then asked me to pay for all of them, and I did. He instructed me to try the race with stock lock up. I did, I liked it, but still wanted a street tune. He said he would send it after I paid him. Still waiting on that street tune... I texted him a couple times and left a few messages on facebook (which is how we were communicating primarily at the time I got the first 3 tunes). So in the end I paid for 3 tunes I never asked for and never got the one I wanted... Pretty much gave up on it at this point. I will be ordering a street tune from Eric, and possibly one from Matt @ gearhead as well, since I have not tried his tunes yet.

Bigdeere

Reaction score
Got a hold of mike at kem today and had a lengthy convo. I basically told him i was looking for a DD tune that has smooth power, good shifting and ecomonical. Hopefully it will be just what im looking for. Ill let you all know how the tune goes.

bboteler

Reaction score
I have not talked to Eric yet about some changes I want to my XStreet, and I am currently running Matt's SRL. Straight outta the box for the way I drive I like the SRL, it runs a little cooler (EGT's) than the X and my truck likes it a little better.
With that said I agree that custom is custom and I am gonna talk to Eric about some changes but I love the SRL right now and each truck responds different to each tuners adjustments.