Anyone recognize this noise? (DPF deleted/Tuned)

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
My trucks been making this noise for a while now. I've been told its normal (for DPF deleted trucks) but I'd like to know exactly what it is. I'm considering putting the DPF back on and removing the tuner. But before I do that Id like to know if anyone else has the same noise - what it could possibly be? If I need to look into other problems I might not be aware of, ect. BTW - it happens when I turn the truck off and remove my Ravelco kill switch. It'll also make the same noise while running.

http://youtu.be/CLkAL-HWdvY

Thanks in advance

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Mine does that but it's waaaayy quieter (the tone is sort of deeper in a way)and lasts longer...only when the engine has warmed all the way up and been driving...mine is stock btw. My buddies truck which is deleted though makes the noise sometimes before it starts up?? When I asked my dad if he had ever heard the noise b4, he said some of his old trucks did that...but he has only owned a 6.0, 2 obs 7.3s etc...his new 6.7 dodge doesn't tho

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad vacuum pump. My 6.4 does it to when its been sitting for a while, but not anywhere near that loud. The void behind the drivers head light should be the vac tank for your 4wd and boosted accessories.

JrStroker

Reaction score
My truck did what that sounded like before. Its was the vacuum pump. It sits behind your degas bottle on top of everything. Has small black hard lines running to it. I traced them and found I had a busted line. Replaced it and no more sounds. May or may not be the same thing you're hearing, but worth a shot.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, and did it before I deleted and tuned it. My dad's wasn't doing it, but when we deleted and tuned his truck it started it about a week or so later. Don't have a clue what it is though.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Hmm if you guys say its the vacuum pump or maybe some lines it could very well be why my 4x4 wont engage. Ill do some looking today.

Mine makes the more quite lower pitched noise

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Sounds electronic, as stated checking the vacuum pump is a good place to start. If that checks out look for any buzzing solenoid or relay. Can you hear it on one side of the truck more than the other ?

Motostroker

Reaction score
Pump..... 6.4 sounded like that. Replaced pump and was smooth from there on out...

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Wonder why these pumps are failing so quickly?! I have 30k on the truck since I got it 11 months ago and that friend of mine is at 45k... Is there a fix to these besides installng another stock pump unit ?

Motostroker

Reaction score
Wonder why these pumps are failing so quickly?! I have 30k on the truck since I got it 11 months ago and that friend of mine is at 45k... Is there a fix to these besides installng another stock pump unit ?

Same reason people are windowing blocks and blowing turbos with only 2k miles on the truck lol. But good question

bbc109758

Reaction score
Its the waste gate solenoid. part#bc3z*9e882*a. Press on brake pedal when it does it and it goes away. Had it fixed on mine and that was before delete. Deleted after egr cooler cloged and was fixed.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Its the waste gate solenoid. part#bc3z*9e882*a. Press on brake pedal when it does it and it goes away. Had it fixed on mine and that was before delete. Deleted after egr cooler cloged and was fixed.

Went to PSE and Dorian came up with the same thing. Glad its something small. Hopefully have it replaced soon.

Strokerguy

Reaction score
Mine makes a noise similar to that, but not as loud. I asked my dealer (mechanic at ford) what it was and he said nothing to worry about, it was some filter that gets clogged or something, they assured me that it wasn't anything to worry about? What you guys think?

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Hell mines the same way and everyday i get out of my truck i press the brake pedal and itl shut off right away

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.